DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #92 - Dark Knights of Steel. May 21 - 28, 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Dark Knights of Steel by Tom Taylor and Yasmine Putri is a 12 issue Elsewords series that reimagines the DC Universe as a medieval world of swords and sorcery. The first issue landed on DCUI last week and the first 6 issues have been released to comics stores already.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Black Lightning, Green Arrow, Black Canary and more have been redesigned and introduced to this world. The whole story is set in motion by not only the year that Superman’s rocket landed on Earth, but also by who all was inside! Tom Taylor described it as " a comic for fantasy fans, highly inspired by Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings."

Take a look at these character designs for inspiration or do a deeper dive into some of the supporting characters. Jester Harley seems like she’d be fun to draw!

Due Date: May 28, 2022
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

Shoot of a newt why havent i been reading this series, the art is beautiful and who doesnt love lotr vibes. Plus John with a pipe is just flipping adorable , little magician. Thanks jk

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1: this series had been on my to read for a while. Already have some ideas.

6 Likes

Constantine really is one of the characters that didn’t change much. He actually seems a bit nicer here :smiley:

6 Likes

It started with me wondering if they had dragons in this alternate universe. Then wondering how Superman’s heat vision would fare against fire breathing dragons. Ok ok I just really wanted to draw a dragon.

15 Likes

Wow, that is a very awesome dragon!

I like the way you laid out the scene too. Eyes to snout setting up quite the confrontation!

7 Likes

I really like the design of the Bat-helmet and tried a close up examination of it.

I wanted to give it some weight and make it look like it’s really over his head and not just on his face like a mask.

11 Likes

That is a damn cool dragon!!!:fire::fire::fire:

6 Likes

Very nicely done! It totally looks like it is over his head and face.

5 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Looks awesome™:+1:.
Great detail with the dragon.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Batknight.
Definitely added that weight to the helmet.

5 Likes

For this one I decided to go with Kara. Had fun with this one really wanted to make a detailed background and Castle El worked great.

11 Likes

Wow, really nice perspective on Kara and that is an awesome castle!

4 Likes

3 Likes

I concur with @JKoco17 the perspective is great as is the foreshadowing to give Kara depth. Excellent work!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @ImpulseMaxMercury and @NYJt3 for participating in Dark Knights of Steel week!

7 Likes