DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #89 - Remembering Neal Adams. April 30 - May 7, 2022

Same

4 Likes

Nice work on Deadman Stef! That ‘not quite a profile’ and ‘not quite a 3/4 a look’ is a tricky one to pull off. I think you just need to extend the brow a bit. Neal has that brow out past the tip of the nose and that gives him a bigger head.

But he’s a ghost so it’s all open to interpretation :slight_smile: You ever see the Kelley Jones version of Deadman?

4 Likes

Thanks NYJt3!

Really nice work on John Stewart. Those glowing effects really look alive. Kinda wispy, foggy or smoky. :fog: :fog:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks Stef!

Why switch to a hood when you have a cool hat???

3 Likes

Very cool!!

2 Likes

Nicely done! I think it looks better than my last try at him. He is very elusive to get just right.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You are definitely right and well i still dislike em, he looks a bit closer to the adams version, thank you!!

Oh my goodness i have not but now l feel even worse for boston!!

4 Likes

Thats some high praise :blush: even though your work is waaaaaaaay more beautiful than mine (and detailed), ill take it lol. I defintely like a more cartoony look than realistic.

2 Likes

Wow! The jones version is creepy as hell! I wanna draw it, but I have one I am trying to finish for this challenge. I haven’t been able to focus. My wife and kids have been outta town for almost a week and I can not seem to do anything that requires focus. They come back tomorrow thankfully and then maybe my brain can relax and shift into draw mode.

2 Likes

Ok finished!!

7 Likes

Nice shadowy, moody work! You are getting real good with the rain effects!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! One little tweak can make a lot of difference. I think it looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks! You what they say about practice, practice, practice? It’s how you get to Carnegie Hall. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wow. Very awesome™:+1:.
Great rain and wind effects.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This i think would be right up your alley, flashback to darkseid piece

Beautiful and angsty. Just how i like the bat. Plus your skyline is great with the weather effects. And nice nod to neal with the bat signal. :+1:

3 Likes

Wowowowow… It’s so… Batman-y :sob:

Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like