DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #84 - Female Furies! March 26 - April 2, 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! While we’ve been busy with live-action Batman for the past three weeks, March is also Women’s History Month and we don’t want the month to go by without celebrating that.

Last year DC published an article about six tales of female empowerment. Looking over the list, the Female Furies jumped out as a good fit for this week.

The tag line for the 2019 limited series (available right here on DCUI) was ‘The Future of the Fourth World is Female’ This series is about the Furies rising up against the patriarchy of Apokolips.

Create some art with Big Barda, Lashina, Bernadeth, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Granny Goodness or any of the extended members of the Furies and dive into the fantastic designs of Jack Kirby’s Fourth World.

Due Date: April 2, 2022
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Never read this one in particular, but the Harley Quinn show had Harley taking over for Granny Goodness for a minute. Might play off of that idea. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t Granny make a brief appearance in ZSJL too?

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Never drew any of the furies before. Sounds fun with all the fourth worldyness

4 Likes

That she did!

4 Likes

I don’t post a lot of WIP, but I thought I would this time.

I picked Big Barda and the design of the helmet is just fantastic. Just amazing to think that Jack Kirby designed so much of the history of comics.

So far so good…

bb_wip

10 Likes

Nice WIP! Here’s mine so far!

11 Likes

Here’s my finished piece! It’s Harley Quinn from the episode in her own show where she takes over Granny Goodness’ position for a bit.

12 Likes

For this week, I was drawn to the creepy crazy look in Mad Harriet’s eyes.
Here she is jumping out to attack from a Boom Tube. I even added a little Kirby Crackle in honor of the master.

And yes I know it is just coincidence that I drew two Harriet’s in back to back challenges. I’m being honest I did not even think of it until just now.:crazy_face:

10 Likes

@MichaelLakeArt - nice creepy, sassy Harley. It feels like its been ages since season 2 ended. Hopefully season 3 is still coming this year.

@ImpulseMaxMercury

That’s two very different Harriets! Unless, of course, Aunt Harriet was taken by Darkseid and now lives forever as Mad Harriet! :grinning: Nice work on the pose and the boom tube effects!

7 Likes

Here is my finished Big Barda. I like the way the armor turned out on this one.

11 Likes

Very excited to see where season 3 goes! Nice colors on Barda too!

3 Likes

Nicely done :+1:

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

So far so beautiful, i love Barda!

And the colored version is amazing!! I love the lil designs on the armour, like chain links but not. Very nice. And the color is spot on plus that shing with her weapon plus that billowy cape. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh and her expression, fierce, who she going after??

4 Likes

Nice work!! the pose is very harls and so is the devious expression.

4 Likes

Mad harriet is my 2nd fav furie and you did a wondeful job. Her expression is crazified along with her hair. Plus the flowiness of her loin cloth looks good. Pluuus anyone popping outta boom tubes is a win in my book.

4 Likes

Im very pumped for this challenege and know exactly what i want to do :queenoffables_hqtas:

4 Likes

Now that I have completed my side project, I hope to get to work on this challenge! If you wanna see my little project I was working on: DCFAC Sketch-Dump Space - #708 by RobArt471

3 Likes