DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #83 - Batman '66! March 19 - 26, 2022

Beautiful rendering of Harriet. :star::star::star:

3 Likes

Absolutely fantastic! Love the expressions and the sipping on straws thing seems like it would’ve been hard to get just right. Nice move to make it just before or after taking a sip.

3 Likes

Excellent as always!! I think you’re now my B&W buddy in here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

For sure, for sure!

3 Likes

Definitely think he would need to be lightened up. Maybe add a mustache he can twirl to the outside of his red mask :grinning: That would help him fit in!

4 Likes

Thanks Rob! Yea, those faces went through several versions. The Batman mask was especially hard to get something I thought looked right.

What character are you thinking of doing this week?

3 Likes

Honestly not sure I will be able to get one done. I have pulled a late night shift, which is when I normal draw, and have to work all day Saturday. Heck I haven’t even been able to work on my own The Batman movie poster I have been drawing. It has been ready to ink all week and just don’t have time.

PS:
I just thought of this - maybe I can slap some flowered yellow swim trunks on Robert Pattinson’s Batman and call it a 60’s revival poster. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

All I will say is stay tuned…
Same Bat Channel
Inspiration has struck

3 Likes

I have a backstory in mind…hopefully I will have time to share

4 Likes

In this week’s episode of Batman, there is a mysterious figure beating up the bad guys and leaving them for the police to find. The villains don’t even have time to start their plans before they are attacked one by one. Commissioner Gordon and Chief O’Hara are stumped at who this new vigilante could be. They call Batman on the Bat Phone as they thought he was with them. Batman tells Commissioner Gordon that he will get to the bottom of this. Robin yawns but then goes with Batman down the Batpole to the Batmobile. They start their investigation and as they examine the scene of the last attack, Robin is hit from behind by a henchman all dressed in red. He is taken away and Batman is left to take on the rest of the gang himself. Without Robin as backup, he is overpowered and tied up to be lowered into a vat of acid. As he awakes, he hears a familiar voice say “Holy Acid Bath Time, Batman.” He looks up to see a person dressed in a leather jacket with a red tinted face shield. He can just make out the face underneath….it’s his chum, Robin?!?
In the second part, just as he is about to hit the vat of acid, he is able to deploy the Bat Shield that caps the vat do that he can escape. We then see Bruce in the Bat Cave trying to determine how his partner had betrayed him. He flashes back (through the squiggly transition effects on screen) to a battle they had with the Joker. The Joker had captured Robin before catching Batman. They had followed the Joker to a warehouse as they knew Joker was meeting someone there but not who. Just as Batman lost consciousness, he remembered seeing the Joker talking with someone in the shadows. Someone with a tall hat. But of course , it must have been the Mad Hatter! It all makes sense now. The Joker had the Mad Hatter hypnotize Robin giving him a suggestion to eliminate their competition. It would also keep Batman busy while they completed their plans. Batman finds out from the police that the Mad Hatter has been spotted on the thirtieth floor of the Gotham Towers. He climbs up the side of the building and after some Bam, Pow, Biffs he has cornered the Mad Hatter. He has worn his Bat Glasses to prevent his hypnosis powers. After fighting him, he has asked him to restore Robin or else he will make sure he never sees another hat for the rest of his life in jail. Just then, Red Hood drops in and starts fighting Batman. Batman keeps trying to break through to him and tells him he wants him to fight it. He then moves out of the way as Mad Hatter zaps Robin returning him to normal.
We then see Bruce and Dick at home enjoying tea and cookies with Alfred. Dick is glad to feel back to his old self and Bruce jokes that red is really his color.

4 Likes

This entire story is magnificent and I could visualize it just a bit too well. (And here I was expecting a story about a petty thief who jacks the Batmobile’s tires while it’s parked in front of City Hall…)

Love the style you did this in. The transparent dome is great! Colored pencils?

4 Likes

Trying to get back in to the swing of things … I went with everyone’s favorite go-go club singer coerced in to a life of crime: Pussycat!

4 Likes

@MichaelLakeArt
Awesome™:+1:
Looks just like him

@JKoco17
Looks awesome™:+1:.
Great expressions.
Looks like a comic cover in a way.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1:
Good ol Aunt Harriet.
Wonder if she ever made it into the comics outisde of 66?:thinking:

Also fun story
And the shine looks great

@keath
Looks awesome ™:+1:
Great posing.

4 Likes

This week was rough. Had a peace that was near finished and the app I was using had a glitch that ended up deleting that piece and some others I had saved. So after trying to figure that out and it appears to be a common glitch that can occur often. So got a new app that shouldn’t have those issue and has a wider variety of tools so exited to play with those.

So with all that just whipped up something quick. May go back and try making what I was going to do again but still like how this came out. The Dynamic Duo should hold on to the spontaneous manifestating words better :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Thanks! I figured I go with the tried and true tv trope of either a bump on head or hypnosis.
Yes I usually don’t use color in my drawings but the touch of red seemed fitting. I did use colored pencils borrowed from my kids

4 Likes

Thanks! I did find that she was in the comics at one time:

I was also trying to come up with a story for Red Hood that involved Robin and Joker but without all the blood and death

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - I can totally see that as a Batman episode. It seems like it was very easy to find vats of acid in the1960s. On another note, I see that Batman 66 is back on Saturday night on MeTV. Check local listings, of course, but it follows the always awesome Svengoolie movie of the week and the first episode of Sventoonie (the tuna of terror!).

@keath - Another character I wasn’t expecting to see this week. That’s awesome! Nice clean lines as usual!

@NYJt3 - sorry to hear about digital troubles. I had a similar thing happen to me where I lost some work or realized it wasn’t saving. Those days make me want to go back to paper. But this thread needed the Batmobile and some Biff! Bam! Pow! Thanks for putting that together!

4 Likes

Same :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! In addition to the 60s and 70s appearances in 'Tec that @ImpulseMaxMercury posted, she’s also in 2014’s Gotham Academy – i think she’s the Dorm Marm if memory serves. (Bookworm is also employed as the school’s librarian. And I think Simon Trent (retired from film) teaches Drama.)

When life presents the opportunity, i will always choose the Lesley Gore option.

4 Likes

By the way, I had tagged Judd Winick, the writer who brought Jason back as Red Hood when I posted this drawing on my personal account. And he liked it!!!

3 Likes