DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #82 - Gotham! March 12 - 19, 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Let’s continue this week with another live action Batman interpretation from Gotham the TV series. The show ran for 5 seasons from 2014 - 2019 and featured a very young Bruce Wayne and Catwoman along with much older versions of the Penguin and the Riddler.

The show was really more about Gotham City itself (with all of its colorful characters) and
James Gordon. It ended before Bruce became Batman (with the exception of a 10 year flash forward in the final episode) and I found it more memorable for the villain performances. Penguin was unique (but consistently entertaining), the Riddler was spot on and the Joker, while only appearing near the end, was portrayed really well (and creepy).

Joker

This week create something inspired by the designs of the show or try your hand at another realistic likeness. If you haven’t ever seen the show, all 5 seasons are streaming on Netflix.

Due Date: March 19, 2022
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

I only ever saw three seasons (I’m lazy), but i do adore what I’ve seen. Not sure what I’ll do just yet.

4 Likes

This show was awesome™:+1:. Can’t believe it’s been over that long. A lot of cool designs here. Now what to do. :thinking:

2 Likes

Never saw the show but i did see the trailer for professor pyg and while ive been playing evil within soooooo

Edit: now with added blood splatter

8 Likes

I never watched much of this show but i do remember catching a few episodes with Penguin and he reallt was endlessly entertaining. Such a great take on the character

4 Likes

Wow, that is cool (and scary)! How did you do that blood splatter?

Also…The Evil Within?!? Isn’t that game absolutely terrifying? I usually like the scary stuff, but I’ve been putting that one off for years.

4 Likes

Used some pillow stuffing from the craft store i had leftover and then went over that with a toothbrush. Also thanks what i was going for :upside_down_face:

Terrifyingly awesome! It was VERY scary the 1st time through and i still get some jumps even on my 6th run through. Lol. Highly recommend the series and dont forget the DLC.

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt at Robin Lord Taylor as Penguin.

10 Likes

Git that trademark smirk going on!

5 Likes

Spot on! This is great it looks just like the actor in the role but also has your art style/artists hand still show through :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you @MichaelLakeArt and @cici !

I wasn’t sure I pulled off the likeness, but I’m glad the hair, nose and smirk all came together to make the Penguin.

4 Likes

Decided to go with the biggest character of them all

10 Likes

Wow, now that’s the way to dive into the backgrounds!
Great use of your ink effects for the sky and nice perspective work on the buildings!

3 Likes

Damn! You amaze me! This is beautiful, the different shades of grey’s and blacks give it a great sense of depth :clap: and yes, absolutely the best character

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you, you’re very kind. Believe it or not, this was all inks and whiteout. No pencils were harmed making this image. :crazy_face:
I got a new whiteout brush. It is similar to a brush pen and it had some cool effects. I used it on the Batman signal and to a lesser effect on the water for the light reflections.

2 Likes

I tried

8 Likes

Just a sketch

8 Likes

The arm sticking out of the bin! :see_no_evil::clap:

3 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes