DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #77 - The Bat and the Cat! February 5 - 12, 2022

That is a grade A gargoyle right there!! Nicely done!

7 Likes

Fantastic! I loves me some TBWL!! The scene and background it awesome!

6 Likes

Woot!! That is some serious coolness!!!

6 Likes

Wow! Great Catwoman!

6 Likes

I have had the weekend off, so I went to work on some art finally and have a Batman/Catwoman piece almost completed. Can’t wait to share it with all of you!

9 Likes

Hooefully I’ll be able to finish my piece today at work. Im eager to see how it turns out, as well as the rest of your guys’.

7 Likes

It really is!

7 Likes

I have an idea for an Art Challenge in March. The Batman film. I am new to this club, so I’m not sure if y’all did that already, but I think it’d be cool.

6 Likes

Would be very down for that.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea. I usually tie the challenges into current events, new shows, comics or movies and was planning some Bat-activities for March. I’m thinking we start with the new movie, then maybe hit Gotham the TV show and even Batman '66.

8 Likes

Heres my finished Bat & Cat piece! I took to drawing more of Catwoman Beyond as an excuse for this one. Very much loved inking her in.

14 Likes

Thanks Rob and Cici. It’s actually a gargoyle from the Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta Georgia. I just googled ‘gargoyles on buildings’ and looked for something with a flat top that Batman could stand on and Catwoman could hang from. That fit those requirements pretty well.

7 Likes

Very nice with the heavy contrast and inks. It’s got a moody vibe and Catwoman looks pretty shiny.

I’m not that familiar with Batman Beyond lore. Was Catwoman in the show, the comics or both?

7 Likes

Thanks!! It’s cool when something like that happens.

5 Likes

Thanks! I enjoy yours too! I have trouble with backgrounds, myself. Catwoman was actually in the 2011 comic run that took place after the show, and she’s in the 2012 run I’m reading right now. She actually isn’t very fond of Terry, but has a huge crush on Dick Grayson lmao.

5 Likes

I saw that you followed me so I followed you back. Thanks!
Yeah I wanted to make d sad Ute I captured the entire scene and felt I would have cheated to leave some of it out. The background building on the docks was tricky and I was going to use rulers to keep it straight but tried free hand drawing it instead.
Once I had the idea for the cover homage I tried to think of what scary Batman I could use in the sky and Batman who Laughs came to mind. I apologize for not going the romance route but I wanted to mix and match.
I agree, for me Balent’s Catwoman was the one I knew.

5 Likes

Amazing!!! I know from my latest experience the hair is tricky as he curled it and seemed to draw each hair. Very nice!

5 Likes

Thanks! My first time drawing him and I think he came out great.

4 Likes

Great work!!! The dark shadows and just the outlines really set the mood when the Beyond show sometimes showed brighter Gotham. Love it!

5 Likes

Love how Catwoman is showing no fear just hanging straight down like she is repelling down the building. Batman is just walking over calmly like he knows what he is doing. Gargoyle is amazing!

6 Likes