DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #75 - Peacemaker! January 22 - 29, 2022

Hi @DCFanArtClub! With four episodes now available on HBO Max, it is time for a Peacemaker week!

First things first, if you haven’t seen it, check out the opening credits sequence below. It’s quite spectacular!

The series picks right up after the Suicide Squad movie and really, really earns its TV-MA rating. If you’re of the right mindset, this is one of the most entertaining and funny series to ever come our way.

If you’re not an HBO Max person, Peacemaker has been appearing in the latest Suicide Squad series (the first 5 issues available here) and also had a very 80s limited series.

Anything remotely connected to the show or comics is in play this week. Whether it’s Peacemaker himself, his support team (Murn, Harcourt, Adebayo, Economos), supporting characters (Vigilante, Judomaster, Eagly(!!!)) or even his casual references to Bat-Mite, Dollman and Matter Eater Lad, let’s create something fun. Just make sure to keep the images to a TV-PG level!

Due Date: January 29, 2022

Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.
You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

I haven’t watched the show yet, but I already have a piece in mind from the movie.

6 Likes

Here’s a work in progress of my Peacemaker piece!

15 Likes

LOL! The more King Shark, the better!

6 Likes

It was my first time drawing him, but it was a lot of fun! Now to ink and hopefully color. I had to actually combine two scenes from the film for this piece.

6 Likes

I’ll admit, I struggled to find my hook into this challenge as I was trying to find the right character I could put my own style into. I almost was gonna ask our club for suggestions.
However, I have found my perfect way in, still challenging myself with a new focus, and I think it also brings back some of my humor after my last few horror drawings. So inspired that i am about 25-30 percent done already. Stopping for tonight as my eyes are getting tired but liking results so far.

7 Likes

Don’t sweat it if you end up not feeling it. I took a chance with Drawing King Shark today, but it’s turning out nicely. Curious to see what yours will be.

6 Likes

I wanted to try a full background where the character isn’t the biggest focus.

This is inspired by the scene from episode two where Peacemaker is jumping from balcony to balcony to try and escape the apartment building.

By the way, this just in, backgrounds are hard…
…and coloring a background is every harder.

I know the colors are just flat and I may come back later to add some effects.

But for now, here’s my Peacemaker.

17 Likes

Great job with the angles. Perspective is tricky. Very dynamic piece.

5 Likes

Lol absolutely loved this scene! Nice recreation :+1:

8 Likes

Tremendous job!! Totally reminded me of the episode!! Love the perspective and mid action capture!

6 Likes

Looking good, can’t wait to see the finial product!

5 Likes

Shark King made with itty bitty sharks? J/King! I am intrigued though. :eyes:

6 Likes

This is a magnificent rendering of a hilarious scene. (But it’s also my only gripe with the series so far … I was really expecting a scene where he goes through his stolen stack of shattered vinyl

Great job with the scenery and perspective! Even though he’s not the “focus,” you managed a perfect action pose for him, and I love the look on his face.

7 Likes

Thanks!! Here’s a current work in progress photo.

13 Likes

Nom nom!

5 Likes

Thanks @MichaelLakeArt, @LastSon0fMars, @RobArt471 and @keath!
The kind words are much appreciated.

I keep telling myself that I need to try more difficult compositions and angles if I want to grow my skills. Each difficult one will make the next one easier.

By the way, here’s the version without the background colors.

13 Likes

Must have taken a while to get those lines down!

5 Likes

What a good moment to focus on for this challenge! I love it, you captured the cute and the scary with King Shark so well

6 Likes

Thank you!! Gonna finish it up tomorrow or the next day for sure!

6 Likes