DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #73 - Jokerized! January 8 - 15, 2022

Take care @RobArt471 that sounds really painful! :pleading_face: try to keep it still as much as possible while it heals. Sometimes I get wristpain after drawing too much and take it as a chance to do some non-dominant hand exercises. It can actually be really fun :grin:

7 Likes

Maybe do a twist and do Carrie Kelly Jokerized?

6 Likes

I can’t imagine it being anywhere close but I’d used to get bad pain after doing my style of drawing with tiny icons. Lot of work

5 Likes

Thanks! It is a great idea! Believe it or not sometimes when inking to keep from smearing i ink left handed. I don’t have the fine motor control, but I can do the simple stuff. I might give it some work over the next couple days practicing.

4 Likes

Thanks @cici! I was thinking the same thing about Halloween (never too early to think about Halloween!).

Has anyone ever seen a Jokerized Clayface??

8 Likes

Coming shortly…be warned.

7 Likes

As the top of his elongated head separates from his lower jaw in an unsettling grin, the monster lets loose with a laugh that sounds like boulders grinding together. He can feel faces of insanity pushing through his molded form. As he lets loose with his avalanche of clay, he buries another Robin.

12 Likes

Whoa, that’s creepy!!
Whenever we delve into the scary stuff, you really crank up the horror (poor Robin!)!

It kind of reminds me of Kelley Jones’s work on Deadman and Swamp Thing. I can just picture those faces just moving around the body like they are trying to push out.

7 Likes

I took inspiration from those horror movies where the faces push through the walls. I really enjoyed trying something different and really pushing the scary factor.
Wow, comparison to Mr Jones is really a great compliment!! I loved his Batman covers with the impossibly long ears as they really played with shadows.
Sorry about Robin. I was drawing his left arm and I thought quicksand and then combined with Joker killing a Robin.

7 Likes

Artistic brilliance!

4 Likes

Hey, so I’ve actually been pretty inactive for the last year and a half or so. But I feel more comfortable with where I’m at in life at this point, so I’m stoked to start participating in the weekly challenges again. I love everything I’ve seen so far for this week!

7 Likes

Hi @MichaelLakeArt and welcome! Glad to have you here.
Looking forward to seeing your art!

6 Likes

Here’s an Arkham Knight Scarecrow I did last Inktober! I used to post here all the time back in the day. Excited to be drawing more DC for next week’s challenge onward!

13 Likes

The Hand! :clap::clap::clap::clap: What an awesome detail :metal: I love it, you really captured the incorporated faces in great. Well done indeed!

Edit: also I’m loving all the tiny crooked teeth

6 Likes

That is neat, Love the Arkham scarecrow design so much. Can’t wait to see future work from you :metal:

6 Likes

Appreciate the kind words! Looking forward to starting back up next week!

5 Likes

Thanks! I felt there needed to be something in that corner and it came to me. I have difficulty drawing hands so I like how it turned out.
I wanted to work on the faces more as they look more like tattoos to me than faces pushing out of clay to me.
I’m glad you noticed the teeth. I initially didn’t have them but saw a picture of clay face and liked how they looked.

5 Likes

Yeah! The hand pushes it from an illustration and gives it a hint of a story playing out. It’s great.

Haha yeah his teeth always cracked me up in the Harley Quinn show, like he could change everything except them teeth! :clayface_grinhqtas:

5 Likes

Jokerized Jason! I figured I’d stay in my comfort zone with drawing a character I’ve done before, but give him the joker treatment. I also wanted to do a little more exploration with the really bad ass scar they’re giving him in Gotham Knights.
Also learned that horror is not in my skillset and as much as I love it, drawing it is hard!

12 Likes

Welcome to the group! Love you use of black and white(I kinda do the same). Your style reminds me of Tim Sale. Really cool!

5 Likes