DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #69 - Happy Thanksgiving! November 20- 27, 2021

Mine might be late :grimacing: it’s been a crazy week

5 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Oh no I’m gonna cry this is so great! Such an awesome use of the challenge, I like the out of the box thinking and I too am so thankful for this group and all the kind and encouraging people here :orange_heart::turkey:

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303 So creative! I was wondering what program you use, the various kinds of brushes you use really gives a sense of fun and excitement to your pieces. This one included!

@JKoco17 This deserves to be on a comic cover, it’s like spot on such a thing Joker would do! With the calling card, the classic bombs and the dynamite sticks :ok_hand: perfect!

7 Likes

I just started using Adobe Fresco with Adobe Paint Brushes. There are so many brush types it’s quite amazing. For the Gold on Mad Hatters hat I used the oil brush option. For His head I used a vector brush. For the Smokey green I used a smoke brush found in the FX section. For the Turkey and Apple I used half-tone brush under the Comic section.

4 Likes

That’s so fun! When I do digital I usually just stick to one brush but using multiple sounds like fun and adds a lot of excitement to the work imo

5 Likes

Ha a little something while I’m channeling my inner Alfred and cooking our Thanksgiving dinner…gets kind of boring waiting for a turkey to bake :sweat_smile::turkey:

Just used the first pencil and paper I could find here at grandma’s house, gonna try another one now~

10 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @cici!

Love the turkey feathers on Alfred!

5 Likes

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, to me it’s a time to be thankful for what we have and for the bounty we receive from the Earth. :seedling: So for this challenge I decided to draw Demeter, the DC version, Goddess of the Harvest carrying the cornucopia as she’s sometimes depicted.
Happy Harvest, Happy Thanksgiving!

11 Likes

Here’s the picture of Demeter for reference

6 Likes

Great Alfred!!

4 Likes

Beautiful! Glad to see some of your art again!!

4 Likes

A second helping of cici art! Now that’s awesome!

4 Likes

Awww this is precious i can picture all the bat fam gathering around too. Lovely work.

4 Likes

Wow shes lovely. :astonished: And the basket is really detailed too but I am loving those sandals and her hair! Like rob said its GREAT to see your work back here cici!!!

4 Likes

Awesome detail!

4 Likes

speech bubble would say

“Oh Thomas hes quite persistent in capping all our food”

may come back and darken the pencil later

9 Likes

Yeah, yeah, it’s an overdone comic book trope to swap out the characters, but I couldn’t resist my own take on Rockwell’s Freedom From Want, in the spirit of Gratitude. Been playing with this all week and haven’t gotten it quite where I wanted it, but it’s time to move on…

8 Likes

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
Very awesome™:+1:. Cool use of the cornucopia (or should I say mad :thinking::sweat_smile:). As many have mentioned like the dot brushed food.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
This is very awesome™:+1:. Very creative and great use of the copia. Hope you had an awesome™:+1: Thanksgiving :turkey:.

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1:. Really cool stuff. Very fitting gift from Joker. Really like the look the of the leaves.

@cici
Very awesome™:+1: stuff. Alfred always festive with the holidays. His turkey probably tastes great.
And Demeter looks amazing. Never seen DC’s version before. Looks very cool.

@stefanie.m
Looks awesome™:+1: great with the hat food :laughing:.

@keath
Awesome™:+1: recreation. Might have to Reach for them at turkey.

All great stuff everything. A bit late but hope you all had an awesome™:+1: Thanksgiving.

6 Likes

I went with a batfamily rooftop Thanksgiving. Had fun trying a more animated style with this.

7 Likes

Wow, that looks like a screenshot from an animated show!

4 Likes

@stefanie.m Thanks so much! Haha I laughed at “second helping” :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Thanksgiving Humor :clap:

@keath Mad props for tackling this one! Both you and @NYJt3 really put in the work with the group pieces :metal: :metal: :metal: Alos im so impressed by the cornucopia incorporated as the sign, too clever!

4 Likes