DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #69 - Happy Thanksgiving! November 20- 27, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub! It’s Thanksgiving week already, can you believe it? The time between Halloween and Thanksgiving always seems to go by in a blink.

Let’s take a cue from @CynicalPink and have an Image Inspiration week!

According to Wikipedia, a Cornucopia is “a symbol of abundance and nourishment, commonly a large horn-shaped container overflowing with produce, flowers, or nuts.”

But what is a cornucopia when looked at with a DC lens? The challenge this week is to incorporate a cornucopia somewhere in your image.

For example, what would the Joker put in it? How about Swamp Thing? What would it look like on Krypton or New Genesis? Maybe it is just sitting in the center of the table while a battle between good and evil rages on around it (that’s for you @RobArt471).

Be creative, have fun and I hope everyone has a relaxing week.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Due Date: November 27, 2021
Discussion, works-in-progress and final submission all in the thread below.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

14 Likes

Very creative challenge. Definitely have some ideas but going to be a fun challenge.

8 Likes

Just had a crazy idea and yes I’ll run with it!

7 Likes

Love it!! Thanks, :joy:

8 Likes

I’ll get started!

8 Likes

14 Likes

Genius to use the hat as a cornucopia! Nicely done!

8 Likes

I am thankful to our founder @CynicalPink for creating a club that piqued my interest and made me want to continue challenging myself.
I am thankful for @JKoco17 for taking the reins and continuing to come up with new stuff to try.
I am thankful for @RobArt471 for sharing in my dad experience with an artistic child and being a great friend.
I’m thankful to @NYJt3 for always having awesome comments.
I am thankful for @SuperBlueGrodd , @cici , @stefanie.m and @biff_pow for their encouraging words as I strives to improve.
I am thankful to the entire DC Fan Art Club for welcoming new artists who may be unsure at first but will build confidence as well as challenging long time artists who also serve as mentors to the new generation.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

16 Likes

Now that my friend, is a work of art, and the drawing is awesome too!! (Love the use of the avatars and reminds me to change mind soon!)

:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

9 Likes

Wow, that is really great. Artistic, thoughtful and beautiful!

Thank you for always being here every week! Happy Thanksgiving!

8 Likes

That is very cool. I agree with Rob, great idea to incorporate the hat. That’s the Mad Hatter, right?

7 Likes

Yes it is, or technically the Mad Pilgrim, or Mad Splatter(!), version from maybe a different Earth, but yes. The left is supposed to be a Lantern Lantern with Blue vs. Yellow energy because b+y=green! And I wanted to add “…Mighty Wonder” but ran out of room. I also happen to be re-watching the Flash and have been on the Thinker, so my 1st thought was Mad Hatter’s hat. I was also thinking of DCUO city hero mission against Scarecrow who says something about a cornucopia of fear.

6 Likes

To: Batman
Happy Thanksgiving!

13 Likes

That is awesome!!!

5 Likes

Super thoughtful and wonderful use of the prompt! The icons are perfect but you know I’m partial to etrigan he looks right terrifying well done :clap:

5 Likes

Another fantastic use of the prompt!!! And i love the ole school stick of dynamite :joy: plus all your pumpkins are great and nice background color.

5 Likes

Nice flip of the prompt with the hat and that you made a turkey/apple out of dots. Very cool.

5 Likes

I used Adobe fresco, one of the brush styles has dots! I actually was surprised it came out well.

5 Likes

Hahaha! Love it! Well done, sir!

3 Likes

Thanks @IamBeastBoy08, @stefanie.m and @RobArt471! This was fun to do. Joker bombs and dynamite were the first things to pop into my head when thinking what to swap out of a traditional cornucopia.

And that evil Joker lit them all!!

6 Likes