DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #6

That’s awesome! I love how you have her looking into Shrek’s Department Store!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

One of my favorite Catwoman moments. I love how playful she is in her wrong doing. Like a mischievous feline…just brilliant!

2 Likes

I think she is beautiful and this is a style in and of itself. If I had any suggestions to polish her up, I might just add a little bit of contrast. Perhaps one more layer of the ‘darkest’ shadow and some edge lights?? Is this traditional or digital? Either way, I love the dynamic pose. It really captures her. I loved that 90s costume too! :grin:

1 Like

I did Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman.

12 Likes

I tried to do an under the moon thing

@CynicalPink

9 Likes

I decided to draw her based on my favorite Selina Camren Bicondova from Gotham with some characteristics from other incarnations.

Her hair is based on Camren’s as are her eyes, but her hair is also related to Michelle Pfeiffer from Batman Returns and also Lili Simmons from the Gotham series finale.

The cowl is from the video game Arkham City.

Her clothes are based on her introductory episode of Batman: The Animated Series as well as issue 10 of the current comic run of Catwoman by Joëlle Jones

Lastly, I really wanted to include something about Selina from DC Super Hero Girls so her diamond necklace was added.

7 Likes

Just finished mine and I can immediately see the issues, but did the best I could at the moment. I’ll have to give myself more time to really do her justice in the future.

10 Likes

Sorry this was late, I crashed and slept until like 5pm and spent the rest of the day playing video games.

P.S.: I’m pretty sure a lot of it is uneven.

6 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Your work is always amazing!

P.S.: I loved your Easter eggs!

2 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Thank you so much! I am just so glad to have a venue where I can share it! They won’t always be this intricate…but this is CATWOMAN!! I definitely have my favorites…:grin:

2 Likes

Fantastic!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

@ccastilla the detail! :star_struck: her lipstick!

@Heres_Harley welcome! I love your stark contrasts!

@Aegiey I love how you made a composite of different designs! Great shading!

@Jay_Kay so much personality in her face and pose, and the shading! I think this is my favorite of yours I’ve seen yet.

5 Likes

Arrrgh, so behind in everything!! Thanks for the feedback on my entry, guys!

@biff_pow , present! And I like her hair!

@ImpulseMaxMercury I looked at the art before reading your description and snorted at the Snyder cut on the wall :rofl: And I would love to see the story of how Selina manages to steal the cosmic treadmill.

@Alonica The whole thing is amazing, but especially those EYES. Talk about photorealistic! (Oop, and because I forgot to answer your question, mine was digital)

@ccastilla Welcome to the group - fantastic entrance! Love how smoothly you handled those highlights on her costume. Anyone who saw this would know it was Michele, too. Really well done!

@Heres_Harley Another welcome to the group! I really like the overall composition of your piece! I feel like a camera is about to scroll up and show the opening credits to a new animated series.

@Aegiey All that work paid off, she looks so pretty! The hair and stitching are especially beautifully done. And I love that you took your favorite elements from all the Catwomen! Ur, Catwomans! It’s like a celebration of the decades all in one sweet package

@Jay_Kay I think this is one of your best yet! Love the crosshatch work, but her form overall is powerful. Like, it looks like a very confident drawing, if that makes sense. Very excellent!

@AnonymousHQ I’ll forgive you because pixel Selina is super cute and looks like she just got thieving.

6 Likes

Awesome!!! I just adore that concept!!

2 Likes