DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #6

I’ve been doing the majority on my iPad and I use the principles of the “Old Master” painting technique which helps speed up the process.

I was going to keep the jewelry more simplistic, but once I started working I couldn’t stop. :grin:

Thank you, she was the best choice for me—definitely going to watch Batman’66 now lol

5 Likes

I got ahead of myself and wrote Catwoman at the wrong angle so I had to turn it into a sad circle. I also remembered why I don’t try to draw real people while doing this.

11 Likes

There’s something in the bottom-right face that perfectly captures the art of the '40s-'50s era! Man I wish I could do that!

2 Likes

Thank you! I basically just stared at this photo and tried my best to copy it.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, is there a specific reason you don’t like her? I’m not judging, I’m simply curious.
-M

1 Like

Glad the challenge wasn’t delayed, how else will I better my sketches! I based my design off of Arkham Knight with some minor modifications. Hopefully I’ll figure out how to draw lips.

-M

12 Likes

Forgot to link it to this thread

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/quick-batman-red-rain-catwoman/878812/11

3 Likes

I love that you right quick every time and they are always so wonderful! Digging catwomans outfit.

And I saw Lee’s work on Ebay for the batman who laughs its fabulous. I love all his work!

2 Likes

Looks great!

Agreed weekly challenges push me to do stuff I normally wouldn’t. Also lips, hands, and sometimes eyes are the worst :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just never really enjoyed her character in btas and the few comics I read growing up so I guess I just kind of avoided her. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well to me it seems fast, lol :joy:. Plus I’ve been trying to push myself a little more than usual. I love :heart: Jim lee’s art. He’s my main inspiration & Todd McFarland and rob liefeld and Michael turner. Those are my favorites, I always try to make my own style look like Jim’s art tho. Well as good as I can , if I spend more time I could probably do an exact copy but that’s not the point of my recreation.

2 Likes

Well done I like that you captured a variety of cat women.

Same, it’s good practice.

2 Likes

Not my best stuff here, haven’t had a ton of practice with female figures. Still a fun challenge though! Thanks!

10 Likes

Mixed feelings. Not thrilled with how she came out, but feeling good that I forced myself out of my comfort zone and tried something with a little more motion involved. If anyone has suggestions/tips/corrections for next time, please let me know. I’m critique friendly.

@Alonica - TY for the feedback! I tried adding a few more highlights :sweat_drops: Probably could have used even more, but I think it helped!

Model reference: Antti Suniala photography Not quite the same support going on. Selina is probably going to faceplant into the pavement. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

This is absolutely incredible, the colors, the lighting, the pose. You nailed it! I have no suggestions.

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

@CynicalPink that shading! at first i thought it was sculpted clay!

i was gonna cheat and use my catwoman egg twice, but i scratched this out. don’t look at the hair or how yellow my lighting made it look!

8 Likes

Looks great! I like the pose you chose to do! I especially like how you treated the lighting through out her right arm—the way it emerges from the darkness is really amazing!

4 Likes

@CynicalPink I have completed my drawing for this week. I had to find my way into something to inspire me and I thought she’s a great cat thief! What if I show her with all her ill gotten goods purloined from members of the Justice League. I even give an explanation for why we have not seen the Snyder cut yet.
I know of at least one item there that may give trouble as to what it is, so I will only say Flash.

8 Likes

I love all the things shes stolen but is that Aquamans hand!? :joy: I snorted that’s awesome. (Reminded me a little of gotg) well done!

4 Likes

Wow. That is amazing, love the color and her facial expression. She looks so at peace or just happy to be dangling way to high between buildings.

2 Likes