DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #59, September 4 - 11, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub! Stargirl season 2 started a few weeks ago on the CW network and that seems like a good reason to have a Justice Society of America week!

The JSA has a long history and whether you’re a fan of the next generation on Stargirl or the classic version from the comics, there is a vast list of characters to choose from.

Some of the first images that pop into my head when I think of the JSA are the covers by Alex Ross for the first 9 issues of the 2007 series. These are just beautiful!!

If you’ve watched Stargirl season 1, you may have noticed some very Alex Ross-inspired artwork in the old JSA headquarters based on some of these images.

In my opinion, the show has honored this history and really brought it forward to today.

The challenge this week is to draw any character from the JSA, from any time period or any medium.

Due Date: September 11, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

6 Likes

Awesome™:+1:.
So many choices :thinking:.

5 Likes

OMG yay! I’m so excited to draw some of these characters, even though I’ve never read the comics I love the costume designs. I have 2 favorites :00_lc_green_lantern: :00_flash1:

4 Likes

Many of them are still used as the headers for the DC Database pages.

5 Likes

@JKoco17 great idea! I had already drawn most of the younger JSA from the show when we’d have the actors and actresses on here for q and a.
I think my style may go with the Alex Ross school of realism. Oooh I think I have an idea!

5 Likes

I am back and in for this one. I was a little late in dropping my Raven in the last challenge. I will endeavor to get this one done a bit quicker. Now, who to choose and from when? This is gonna be fun!

4 Likes

Hey, just a quick off subject FYI!
DC FanDome is doing their FanArt submission contest again this year! Check it out here folks!

6 Likes

Done and done

4 Likes