DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #49, June 12-19, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub! This week it is time to celebrate the return of Milestone Comics!

Coming in print and DC Universe Infinite on the same day (June 15 - how cool is that?) is Static Season One #1.

Milestone Comics started in 1993 and is the home of Static, Hardware, Icon, Blood Syndicate and others. This is the start of a relaunch that will see new series over the next few months.

For reference, a lot of the early Milestone comics have been added to DCUI and more are added each week.

Join in the fun and create something related to the Milestone universe!

Due Date: June 19, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.
Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

Interesting, I will try. I love theses art challenges because it force’s me to learn more about the DC universe, and I love it thank you @JKoco17

6 Likes

nice!

6 Likes

Thanks Zac. It’s been my goal to try and mix things up, tie into current events when possible, but also dip into the back catalog as well. There’s so much to choose from!

5 Likes

Oh, forgot to link the actual ‘Milestone Returns’ special that came out in February.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/series/milestone-returns/829e5ade-65c4-4cba-a62c-68ccdb02c9ee

6 Likes

Awesome™:+1:. Think I have an idea of who to draw.

3 Likes

Omg I just read through the 1st issue! Its all so beautiful! And richies new design :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:I’m super pumped for this challenge!

4 Likes

Technically, I think this might be Richie’s comic debut. Richie Foley is based on Rick Stone, who was named Richard, but I don’t think ever called Richie. I didn’t catch any confirmation of a last name in this first issue, so still to be seen which it is. (Would be great to have them both in continuity.)

I’m loving Milestone Returns so far… that was a hell of a escalation in issue 1!

3 Likes

I think your right, thanks for clarifying, as I havent read many of the older static comics. Regardless I love this new one, its giving me the cartoon vibes which is gold :muscle: which is what I meant about new design

Also hella escalation :fire:

3 Likes

I read it today as well. It was a cool remix of the original series first issue. The redesigns look great!

4 Likes

I read it too, love the story and art work!

2 Likes

Couple of WIP parts from this week… was going to eschew the boob window, but wanted to keep consistent with that sweet sweet 90s hair. Didn’t decide on mask vs epic eyelashes until I inked, so pencils have both.

1 Like