DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #36, Feb. 6-13

Week36Banner

Friendly reminder with this week’s text prompt — there’s no reason it has to be interpreted through V-Day goggles! Maybe it’s Bruce talking to his car.

Challenge:

Due: February 13
Submit: Post your final work here! WIP should be shared in this thread. :+1:

@DCFanArtClub

13 Likes

I’m guessing a drawing of my phone with GPS will not cut it

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1: quote.
I think I have some ideas. (Still have to wrap up last weeks)

6 Likes

:joy: maybe a bat phone with gps

6 Likes

Looking through some references I could go real obscure with this one…but that would not be like me, would it?

6 Likes

Or I could simply have a character with a light tied to their head

5 Likes

Hmmm I don’t know if it’s sad or not that I have a lot of humorous takes I could do on this. I know I can be romantic but now I am stuck especially since I have images of characters with lights stuck to their heads…maybe a lantern instead of their head?

7 Likes

You could combine that with a romantic pairing featuring one of the Lanterns. Hal and Carol? Guy and Ice? John and Hawkgirl? Kyle and…one of his many potential love interests?

Now that I think about it…Jade, Soranik Natu, Donna Troy, Carol…you have all these big macho guys with really only one real love interest and Kyle’s the one who practically has a harem. Ladies dig the artists, I guess. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Knowing you, it’d be incredibly detailed and spotted with fun little fandom nods like a Bat emblem pinpointing your location. So yes, I think it’d cut it. :slight_smile:

Edit:

NYJ beat me to it. Nutmeggers think alike :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Nutmeggers? No way, I am from the Nutmeg state myself. Really small world.
I have to give it a little more thought. Although a detailed GPS could work, I feel I need to draw someone.

3 Likes

I really really appreciate everyone’s funny takes on this prompt because I’m over here getting emotional at how romantic it sounds :pleading_face::pray:

3 Likes

Yep! There are several of us around :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Although I never understood where it came from for all the state mottos

3 Likes

You fired up my curiosity so I looked it up:

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 4.25.00 PM

I cant decide if we should be flattered or insulted. Is shrewd a compliment? @NYJt3

2 Likes

Finsulted/ Ilattered :sweat_smile:
I don’t think shrewd’s a compliment but is ingenious one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you read further on explanation, it seems like CT residents actually were the smart ones. This is because nutmegs needed to be grated and so people buying them thought they were being ripped off when they just didn’t know what they bought. Buyer beware

3 Likes

@CynicalPink and @NYJt3 personally I prefer Connecticutians. It makes me sound like one of the little people on Gulliver’s Travels.

3 Likes

I say this to. I don’t even know what the real term is. Connecticutters?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:joy:

What I’ll now shout when traveling out of state and cutting in line. I don’t usually do that, but now I will, just to be able to shout the battle cry.

And I don’t know about you two, but people from my town have a nickname. :sweat_smile: That’s more what I’m used to. Or when I lived down south, everyone just called me the Yankee.

3 Likes