DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #30, Nov. 28-Dec. 5

The @DCFanArtClub has been given the pleasure of working with the always fantastic Harley’s Crew for our final November challenge! Their club members brainstormed and put some ideas to a vote, and we are now at the whim of their creativity.

Which brings us to this week’s prompt…

Week30Banner

Challenge : This week you’re creating a “Harvest Ivy” ! You can interpret the prompt any way you like, but a little cat told me she particularly likes crosshatching art styles, so you might wanna put last week’s art practice to work. :wink:

Tools: Anything goes
Submit here: Submission thread

8 Likes

Hmmm some ideas are percolating but I am not sure yet.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink just a question. Wouldn’t Ivy be against the idea of a harvest as it would be cutting and taking away plants?

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I don’t think you have to take the prompt that literally (aka, maybe it can be her decorated in fall foliage and surrounded by pumpkins, etc).

But! As far as comic-y talk goes, I don’t think Ivy would be against harvests. In No Man’s Land, she let the refugees and children eat the fruit and vegetation that grew in her gardens.

And I figure things like fruits and vegetables are only one part of any plant’s life cycle – they’re gonna grow and then drop naturally. It’s like the difference between picking an apple off a tree or uprooting/burning the tree down.

6 Likes

I like using fall colors. This sounds fun.
And crosshatching. It’s all coming together :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Love your icon :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks yours is nice too :+1:

2 Likes

Ok no that makes sense. And you’re right she did feed people during no mans land.
I still have some ideas in mind just need to start

3 Likes

Good luck! The prompt leaves a lot of leeway, so it’ll be cool seeing how people work with it :smiley:

3 Likes