DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #28, Submission Thread

This week’s banner is very misleading. :expressionless: While the @DCFanArtClub won’t be taking photos, they WILL be creating illustrations (or crafts) based on a photo I’ve provided as a prompt.

Week28Submissions

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to our ranks if you’re interested in joining! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

6 Likes

Reference(dialouge from ep Gear)

10 Likes

Love the expression, it fits the dialogue perfectly. Nice clean line work, beautiful.

5 Likes

1497375049-pikachu

Thanks! :blush: apparently its still inktober cause I’m still on a static kick :ok_woman:

4 Likes

Alright, I got this one done so I can focus on the holiday assignment!! I really liked the gear prompt, it was cool to incorporate, but also have my pick of how.

10 Likes

d1c9f9e4bfef4e5ec70cab6b0b5032cc

Classic scrape and Supes looks amazing!! (Darkseid too but supes steals the spotlight) love the clock tower and all the bits flying off.

5 Likes

Thank you, it was a fun draw!

4 Likes

I got quarantined again. :disappointed:

On the bright side it looks like I’ll be able to do this challenge!

9 Likes

@stefanie.m someone may not be able to gripe about hands anymore…it’s a you.

@RobArt471 um…oh, uh…hmmmm…I’m stuck. Pardon me as I’m ordering a dictionary to come up with the words for how great this is. I’ll be starting with ‘a.’

6 Likes

@CynicalPink ok it’s fun and games times with the holidays approaching! Who hasn’t gotten frustrated in playing the classic game Operation? I figured Robotman would have gears inside him so he became the perfect DC replacement for Cavity Sam!
And now looking at the other drawings I realized gears was supposed to be the inspiration not that I had to copy them exactly as they were. Here I thought the challenge was geared (no pun intended) towards my detail work.

10 Likes

Thank you, that is some high praise!!

4 Likes

One word: intricate! I pulled the dictionary out for that one. Amazing patience and detail!

PS
This image was next to the word in my illustrated dictionary. How the heck did you do that!! Maybe YOU are the magician from your last piece. :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Fantastic IMM I particularly enjoy the writers cramp and Charlie horse :rofl: like Rob said intricate as heck especially those :gear:. Amazing.

5 Likes

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:
Your Statics look straight out of the show. And creative use of gear.

@RobArt471
Wow that’s awesome™:+1:
The motion is so cool. And the gear everywhere. I always enjoy clock tower battles.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:
DC need to take a look at this and make it real. I’d buy it​:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I went Stretchy with mine. This is a Stretchy Brawl
(Thanks again @SuperBlueGrodd for the character list​:+1:)

You may be wondering how it connect with the image. Take a look

Summary

10 Likes

Now that is a creative use of gear! Well played dude also those hands of Ralph dibny vs pman :clap:

4 Likes

@stefanie.m great job! I love the capture of the cartoon look. I really should start watching the Static Shock cartoon so I get familiar with these characters.

5 Likes

@RobArt471 amazing as always! I can feel the force of the impact of the punches and I get the feeling they are falling through a clock tower as their battle rages. Very nice

4 Likes

@AnonymousHQ I’m sorry to hear that. My wife is a school teacher and is finishing her second quarantine today. I know from her experience that it got boring staying in the house but I’m glad you look at the bright side with the Art challenge. Keep those spirits up!

6 Likes

@RobArt471 thank you so much! I knew the gears were going to be the toughest part do I left them until last. It was difficult drawing them so small and still recognizable as gears.
All I can say is a magician never reveals his secrets

4 Likes