DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #28, Nov. 14-21

Hell~o, @DCFanArtClub. I just realized this week’s banner is really misleading. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It’s not a photography challenge. If you want to see what it’s actually about, keep reading.

Week28Banner

Closes: Nov. 21
Tools: Anything goes
Submit here: Post all of your work here!

Your prompt : This week a photo is your prompt. You can incorporate it into your actual artwork OR simply use it as inspiration.

Click to reveal the photo!

This is the first time we’ve done a prompt like this, so let me know in the comments if you have any questions.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

6 Likes

Interesting so we’re using the photo directly and/or as inspiration for the piece this week.

2 Likes

Yep! So, for an example, in case anyone needs it:

1. Using the photo directly in your work: Maybe you draw a character fighting in a clocktower, and these gears are seen somewhere in the background. Or they’re sitting on the floor as Alfred tries to fix the grandfather clock that hides the Batcave. Etc

2. Using the photo as inspiration: Since it’s very steampunk, draw one of the characters as depicted in DC’s 2014 variant run. Or Robotman, or Red Tornado, etc.

3 Likes

Whelp I love this as well! These weekly challenges are fabulous CP. :muscle:

3 Likes

Nice. Those variants are awesome™:+1:
Didn’t know that they existed.

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying them! I didn’t forget the prompts that everyone submitted to our suggestion thread, either. But I think I’ll keep most of those on reserve for monthly challenges.

3 Likes

I particularly like Babs and Zatanna :smiley:

3 Likes

They should make a steampunk earth.
(Wait isn’t that technically Gaslight​:thinking:)

3 Likes

And that WW one is hard to beat. :heart_eyes:
dc-comics-steampunk-variant-preview very steam punk/pin up.

You haven’t dipped into these yet? How you find time to come up with these is beyond me!!! :exploding_head:
tenor

2 Likes

RDJ…

And thank you! I think we might have done one or two of them, but my memory is not at its sharpest right now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes