DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #27, Submission Thread

thank you! the green and red took like 5 ‘coats.’ PSA: index cards don’t like watercolors!

i seriously thought you went mixed media! like those old doom patrol covers!

6 Likes

Thank you much, Vroom! :blush:

I know I shared with stef, but have I ever introduced you to these?

https://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-105-904-Watercolor-Trading-Surface/dp/B001CDWXKY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=watercolor+aceo&qid=1605188608&sr=8-2

Also, those DP covers are AMAZING. Today’s comics can’t compete with the fine art of the past.

6 Likes

thank you, yes, i did see when you and Stefanie posted this! I just got the index cards because i thought i was thinking outside the box, but it turns out there’s a reason there’s a box and people think in it

5 Likes

Nonsense. Someday your index card art will be discovered by a trendsetter and then you’ll either be ripped off or fabulously rich :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks. Getting the right sound effect can be a challenge.

7 Likes

First thing that popped up was The Batman Who Laughs, and I went with it

11 Likes

Shes wonderful and the colors are really popping, I love it. Playful. :+1:

6 Likes

:rofl: nice, is that a bat symbol blinker too? His facial expression is hilarious and really well done with the bat mobile!

6 Likes

Well done and creepy! Those spikes are great (I always have a hard time with dimensions like that) you nailed it! :clap:

7 Likes

Thanks yo. I’ll have to hire you to color in the future.

6 Likes

It’s only a half bat symbol blinker…That points in the direction of the turn. Good eye.

6 Likes

Id love to do another team challenge one of these days :smiley:

@Techno2227 Chilling work, and it’s awesome how you incorporated the quote into your art!

6 Likes

Thank you, you’re artwork is brilliant though. Every detail looked like it had a lot of thought out in to it. I refuse to believe you did that in a day

6 Likes

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:
Very clean and great detail
Those hands are nice

The Damian one is great too :sweat_smile:

@CynicalPink
That looks very awesome™:+1:
Wish my colored pencils came out like that​:sweat_smile:
The shading is amazing. Really like that red background.

@biff_pow
Like the colors. And the witch Enchantress outfit.

@_UnderScore
:joy::joy:
That’s awesome™:+1:
The style fits Lobo perfectly

@Techno2227
Like the spikes and the blood effect.

6 Likes

Went with some witching hour with this. The first thing to come to mind.

Had a lot of fun with the reflection.

13 Likes

Dude thats wonderful and super creative!!! I love top half WW she looks powerful with good shading too. And bottom WW looks just as powerful but very evil/creepy :+1: :clap:

4 Likes

Thanks. :+1:
I definitely powered these Wonder Woman. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

that’s Awesome©!

4 Likes

Copyright :thinking:
Well I’ll see you in court​:sweat_smile:

(Thanks :+1:)

6 Likes

Haha, thank you! I put some thought into what i wanted to make in the days ahead. Then drawing took up the majority of Wednesday. :sweat_smile: So it wasn’t quick/easy. I’m not at that super-speed level some of our artists can handle

5 Likes