DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #27, Submission Thread

This week the @DCFanArtClub faces a text challenge — in other words, a prompt that’s being delivered in the form of a phrase or single word.

Week27BannerSubmissions

You do not have to be club member to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to our ranks if you’re interested in joining! Find out more here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

10 Likes

Reference is episode Power Play (added the bank for context :ok_woman:)

11 Likes

Hands look great. So much for them being a challenge.

6 Likes

Hahaha thanks broh! I was really in the zone for this one :grin: :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

And a quick one cause I couldn’t get Damian and Bmans relationship out of my head for this qoute. Also whys he wearing his mask plus a suit? (Cause i got lazy was thinking outside the box :woman_shrugging:)

11 Likes

never admit to being lazy in art, just say you were thinking outside the box :wink:

Also, I love both of em!

6 Likes

lol thanks very much! See edit above :+1:

5 Likes

:laughing: I was just gonna say the same! Really nice job capturing their expressions, too, @stefanie.m!

And my first thought with the quote was Damian, too. Sorta. :open_mouth: You’ll see later. In the meanwhile, good move following SBG’s advice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@stefanie.m Remember Wally Wood’s cynical artist’s motto:

“Never draw what you can copy; never copy what you can trace; and never trace what you can cut out and paste up.”

Also:

Don’t apologize for maximizing your production in the least amount of time!

10 Likes

I have not seen this before but its an amazing piece, plus its funny. Thanks!

7 Likes

Cryptic but:
tenor (1)

And thank you. :smile:

5 Likes

Wally Wood was one of the greats of the EC Comics era. You should check out his stuff if you’re not familiar.

7 Likes

“It’s so easy to be wicked without knowing it, isn’t it?”

Today was the only day I could be sure of having some room to art, so here it is! Feels weird to get an entry in on time. :eyes: I liked the concept and wish I had more time to work on it.

Artsy ramblings
  • Drawing hands make me :cry:. I don’t know why three of her fingers are the same size. Maybe so she can stab you all the more easily with her french manicure.
  • By far, colored pencils are some of the hardest media I’ve tried to work with. Maybe it’s the paper I’m using, but I suck at blending. :sob: Live and learn.
  • Body Reference (with some tweaks to try to make her look a bit more Arabian/Asian)
15 Likes

Alright Boss!!

Also though I’m in love with this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: in love! such a sad beautiful concept and so well done. I have no idea how you managed that with colored pencils! :exploding_head: I wish I could give you more than one thumbs up!!!

sounds about right lol

7 Likes

Surprise! I drew Enchantress again

this is the hand i ink with

G6Km

@stefanie.m i agree with the others about the hands! and your inks look perfect!

@CynicalPink yay! i can’t believe you achieved that with pencils! it looks like oil paint. i had to look close to be sure you didn’t just glue a real earring on there :laughing: and the red looks like crushed velvet!

10 Likes

@CynicalPink dude. Your coloring. It’s wonderful. This is a heck of a refined piece.

@biff_pow so loose yet smooth. It gives such a fun look.

6 Likes

9 Likes

thank you!

and another piece of yours i love! you even used the correct sound of a batmobile being collided with!

6 Likes

@stefanie.m , @biff_pow and @_UnderScore - thank you guys so much! I goofed, though! Should have mentioned that the gold parts were acrylic. I wish I had pencils that could pull off that shine :sweat_smile:

Biff - Enchantress’ mischievous grin and that smooth coloring makes me happy!

JDE - for real snorted :laughing: the concept is awesome and the way you work your personal style into recognizable characters is impressive every time

7 Likes

You did that in one day?

Great Rao, you’re even more talented than I thought you were (and that’s saying something).

Bra-vo, Ace! :clap:t2:

7 Likes