DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #22, Smells Like Teen Spirit

Week22Bannerb

Hello, @DCFanArtClub! This week’s prompt was suggested by @Blythe in our brainstorm area — the DCFAC Prompt Thread.

“SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT"

Due: Aug. 22, 2020
Tools: Anything goes

How it works: Some characters are lucky enough to get a ton of comic panels or storylines based on their earlier years. For this week’s prompt, I challenge you to give a teenage twist to those characters who haven’t been so fortunate .

Draw Jonathan and Martha Kent’s budding romance, Constantine cutting classes, Ollie’s sweet 16 wheels, etc.

:mega: Whomever you pick, make sure to have them out of uniform! We don’t want to break the TOS with character redesign issues.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

Think I’m going to have to steal your Constantine idea.

2 Likes

This is a rad idea. Constantine being peer pressured into his first cigarette would be hilarious, but probably not allowable.

The Riddler reading all the trivia pursuit cards? Big Barda being the first pick in gym class? Deadman…alive.
So many possibilities. I hope I have the time for this one.

3 Likes

I was gonna say cutting class, smoking cigarettes behind the school, but I figured that probably wasn’t the most kid-friendly prompt to inspire, heh heh

2 Likes

Hey, even if you gotta turn it in months from now, I’ll still be looking forward to it. I love your sense of humor. Deadman is one I didn’t even think of.

3 Likes

I dunno. I’ll come up with something.

1 Like

Young Constantine. Unaired pilot.

7 Likes

Okay, but it will take a while to do. Constatine as cobain, nightwing as grohl,and raz al gulh as novecheck Alfred is the janitor and zantanna ivy and Harley as the cheerleaders :mega: all in the videos original costumes. When I saw the title I immediately thought of this. Thanks so much for the awesome challenge.

2 Likes

Dude, as mentioned above, take all the time you need! If you bring all that to life, it’ll be well worth the wait! (Alfred as janitor :rofl:)

3 Likes

“Da -chicks don’t know how to hold in the smoke” tbc
Even though constatine would be better suited for bender. “ smoke up johnny,”.
It was a real banner Christmas. It’s been a while since I saw this classic. Thanks for the memories.

1 Like

Haha, no problem :slight_smile: Bender was actually who I turned to google for, but then I saw that gif, and the blonde hair and shades made me have to go with that one

1 Like

Great @CynicalPink Now I’m gonna be a mess for the next few weeks thinking about teenage Martha and Jonathan Kent being cute highschool sweethearts :sob::sob::sob: @blythe GREAT challenge promt

3 Likes

Thanks, @Cici!

9:24pm 8/16/2020

2 Likes

draw it. draw it. draw it. draw it.

2 Likes

No THANK YOU! :clap::pray: I’m so pumped to see everyone’s ideas now!

3 Likes

I’m happy to have come up with a good prompt!

And, ditto!

9:35pm 8/16/2020

3 Likes

@Holly Do you want me to change your handle in the OP?

1 Like

I have a whole story in my head…

3 Likes

I am realizing I’m probably not gonna have time this week, regardless I gotta do it :metal: at one point or another!

2 Likes

That is gorgeous! Looks like it was lifted from a printed issue. And such a fun choice of character, too. I would totally read a one-shot about how Perry made it to the top.