DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #20 Submissions

Ok here’s my entry. The post said any medium…so I chose sequential…is that a medium?

15 Likes

Also, totally off topic, but does anyone watch “Dead Files”? I so want to be the person that does the drawing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks yo! :bat:

2 Likes

I need this to be the design for a new animated MM series!!

3 Likes

This is freakin’ awesome! Didn’t know you were a pro? Isn’t that unfair to the rest of us?! Really, great work on this piece. It is outstanding!

2 Likes

These are all great!

2 Likes

@_UnderScore I love the in flight pose and the cartoony feel to his look. Please do not take offense to that word I meant it as a compliment! He has that fun feel that we sometimes forget with him being so serious. Great job!

3 Likes

@Goldk but I want to see what happens next! Great job in including the Justice League and I love the idea of him being a mole all these years. Well I like the idea as he is one of my favorite heroes and now he is a villain but great job! Using his powers to great effect including making Batman experience terror.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I’ve fully embraced the cartoony feel I use so I take it as a compliment indeed.

2 Likes

And I’m finally able to close my dropped jaw.

OH NO! I forgot all about it, at least I got a 5 min manhunter in

14 Likes

Martian ManHunter aka J’onn J’onzz
Week 20 art challenge wip
hey everyone im lou, i really should participate more in these. they are so much fun. i hope you guys like it . im going to color it now and show you guys that also.

14 Likes

Duuuuuuude! Just, mind blown! The writing and the art are powerful stuff! Total chills in just two pages. I think J’onn is way more powerful than he’s given credit for, and this illustrates that perfectly.

4 Likes

@matthewjhernandez That’s so great! Do you ever draw/trade fanart trading cards? I used to love doing that back in deviantART days. And are those sparkles? :star_struck:

@Z-A-C I’m glad you posted this twice, and am going to try to encourage it in the future. I like people keeping the conversation going in the club before everyone’s masterpieces hit the forum on Saturdays. Anyway, once again — such an eyecatcher of a piece!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Sorry you faced the wrath of Isaias! I’m right there with ya. Very unique take, with him coming through on the paper. His expression looks like he means business, so woe to whomever he’s about to pay a visit. Really nicely done with the folds of the cape, by the way. I struggled with that myself.

@RobArt471 I look forward to your stuff because it’s always dynamic and brings something unexpected! Beautifully drawn, as always.

@_UnderScore This is awesome! I love how your pieces continue to show off a style that’s all your own. Like I said to Rob, it brings us something so fresh every time.

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Dude, great work! And only five minutes? #envy Glad you managed to join us!

@TheProdigalBat2019 Hey, Lou, welcome aboard! Psyched to see you join us in one of the art challenges! That is one fine piece you’ve shared! The intensity in his expression leaps right off the page. I’d love to see it colored, so hope you drop in with the finished version whenever it’s ready

7 Likes

Cardboard cut into business card size 3.5 x 2 and used red pencil, watercolor, markers and white out correction fluid.

3 Likes

:game_die: 14

1 Like

So I remembered I had an old unfinished line art of J’onn from 2015! So I decided I’d revisit it and do a quick coloring of it…then I did my usual dumb thing where I instead spend hrs working on what was just going to be a quick thing :sweat_smile: Anyway I didn’t quite finish yet so this is technically a WIP but it’s pretty close to done.

19 Likes

@cici The colors…

6 Likes

@CynicalPink lol thanku

@Goldk This is so cool! It’s really intense, only 2 pages and I’m hooked! Haha I really love what you did with Batman and J’onn just like “You think bats are scary, hold my beer” :laughing:

@TheProdigalBat2019 Ooh this is great I can’t wait to see it colored!

4 Likes

mine is officially tissue paper

4 Likes