DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #2

Thanks! ^^

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I wasn’t a big fan of this challenge.

7 Likes

Everyone’s art looks so incredible!!

Things have been a bit hectic here this past week, so I might not get a piece done in time but I definitely plan on drawing something for it.

4 Likes

Cyborg looks amazing. I love that you showed each stage of the process. And its definitely a challenge with their boxy bodies.

3 Likes

So, funny story, I drew this a week or two before the challenge, but since I haven’t had time to finish the other piece I was preparing for it, thought this would fit well enough since it’s almost exactly what the cyborg one is.

6 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I rushed this afternoon to draw this so I could submit this before Sunday. This is my first attempt at Dr. Fate—wanted to go outside my comfort zone some. #dcfac

Cheers!

7 Likes

Great progression on your Cyborg! Like your action pose too!

2 Likes

I like how layed out the page for this! Great story telling!

3 Likes

Thanks! I had the idea to grab all the changing of the guard scenes and using Flash to tie it all together.
I did find out drawing LEGO figures is much harder than it looks

3 Likes

No doubt, drawing in a lego style is definitely challenging!

4 Likes

Great use of foreshortening in this piece—I dig it!

2 Likes

Lol that’s awesome!

2 Likes

Love your expressions on them and how Robin’s cape is hitting Batman—great layout!

2 Likes

Nice clean pencils and I like your layout—well done!

2 Likes

This is probably my favorite piece of art you have done.
-M

2 Likes

Whew. :sweat_drops: Slowly catching up around here, everyone. Thank you being so nice and patient all the time! I’ve updated the opening post to link to everyone’s submissions. And now… deepbreathforallthecomments

@Viciousdark - I might try to do a little doodle tonight b/c I haven’t done any art in like, two weeks. I may be piggybacking off your wonderful MerBats. Forgive me. :angel:

@stefanie.murr7 a two-fer! I almost didn’t spot Bruce at first; Robin’s green eyes are eye-catching. I snickered when I saw him under the cape, though!

@UnLagunas Whoa!! I hadn’t even noticed Bats in the darkness with the original LEGO pic. Good eye, and great rendition! This one would look awesome if you ever felt inspired to color in the future.

@biff_pow I think ya need to forward this to LEGO execs so they can get their people to make an AB LEGO, stat. And as usual, love your colors! You mentioned their cheap, but they’re so vibrant!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Holy cr*p!! You went way above and beyond with your entry for a weekly challenge! Adore all the detail! Like, from the costume intricacies to using the spare blocks as rubble – that’s really clever and it looks great! Cake for you. cake white

@MichaelLakeArt You always make fantastic art look so effortless! And I know it’s such a small detail, but I’m wow’d that you even got the little … uh… .nubby…piece…stick-in-groove thingies… texture down at the base! (technical LEGO jargon).

@AnonymousHQ You are such a club champ tackling even the challenges you’re not crazy about. Thanks for being such an active member as always, buddy!

@chongoboy1014 -peer- You say it’s coincidence, but are you sure this wasn’t all a part of your master plan when you suggested I do a LEGO challenge? It’s always the nice ones who wind up being the evil geniuses. Either way, glad you found a thread to share him in, because he looks great! Really nice job with all the details of his body; the armor is always trick to get right with lights and shadows.

@EasternShoreSpeedster Your work always leaps off the page! (or, y’know, screen). I hope people clicked on it to view it at full size, b/c the shading is really beautiful and the details worth gawking at. The dynamic angle and hand are incredible, to boot!

Annnnnd that’s a Week 2. Thank y’all again for keeping it running smoothly!

9 Likes

@CynicalPink first off, great to have you back! The place just wasn’t the same without you.
Mmm cake! I’m not sure of the significance but who am I to say no to yummy cake?
These are supposed to be challenges so I try to push myself harder than I normally wouldn’t. Legos are actually quite hard to draw which I didn’t realize. I also tried to capture enough of the original scenes so you would know what they are. I had them in my head and just hoped they translate well. I am especially proud of the Flash as I tried to capture the disintegration from Crisis but in legos. Also Hal was tough as the cover had him wearing all those rings and mini figures well they don’t really have fingers…

2 Likes

I promise the cake is not a lie, and will leave it at that. :smiley:

And thank you! I missed you guys so much! I’m not really on much other social media, so this is my happy online place. :heart: Back to your art… If these challenges are helping you to push yourself and grow, then that makes me all the happier we’ve got this club to help all of us along. You absolutely captured the scenes in LEGO form (and they ARE way harder than one would expect, as I’m experiencing right now…). My favorite of the group is Supe’s death. The little camera accessory and the sad (but perfectly :skull: expression) are such great touches!

4 Likes

Thank you @CynicalPink, no worries if you wanna make a merbatman, :joy: still gets me , it was just a quick doodle I did. Both the flash and Batman together only took like half an hour to do. Thought about going back and coloring :thinking:, but idk. Color isn’t really me thing.

2 Likes

Thank you, I wasn’t exactly sure how I wanted to approach this piece. I kinda rushed it to turn in on time, but I’ve never drawn Dr Fate before—I definitely wanted to branch out and do a character I haven’t done before.

3 Likes