DC Fan Art Club: "Speedsters" Submissions (Weekly Challenge #16, July 4-11)

dcfac-week-16

@DCFanArtClub - Time to post all of your fantabulous fanart for this week!

This week’s prompt was:

WEEK 16: “SPEEDSTERS”

Hope you had a Flash of inspiration through this Speedster celebration!

Drop your art below so that we may all bask in your hard work!

15 Likes

I went with Nora West-Allen from CW’s Flash.

31 Likes

Was there any doubt who I’d go with?
In tribute to the late Mike Wieringo

29 Likes

I went with Barry Allen’s New 52 look.

29 Likes

Such amazing submissions already!!

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts I LOVE the colors here! The varying purples and yellows are so awesome! And that blurring makes her look like she’s really zipping!

@ImpulseMaxMercury I’m so envious of your understanding of negative space and shading here. Such a great duo piece! Love it!

@Jay_Kay Such clean lines!! Loving the hatchwork shading and the fluid movement you captured here! So flashy!

11 Likes

These are awesome™️

6 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Looks great! I love both of their poses, it really looks like they are running towards the viewer. The lightning looks fantastic!

@Jay_Kay You nailed the pose! The costume looks great and I love his playful/fun expression. I’m a big fan of Barry’s New 52 look and am really glad you decided to draw him!

6 Likes

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts – Your Nora is super adorable, especially the smile! Love the lightning effect around her feet as well.

@ImpulseMaxMercury – See, and I figured you were going to do Inertia! :stuck_out_tongue: Grea foreshortening on the legs.

6 Likes

here’s a quick young justice Bart Allen. Happy Saturday everyone !!

23 Likes

Just a quick Iris West Park (aka Iris West II aka Irey West) for this week’s challenge. :grin: Her looks and outfit is based on Flash Forward issue 4, because tbh this is probably my favorite outfit for her as of yet.

21 Likes

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts OH MY GOODNESS SHE LOOKS SO CUTE :smile: And the coloring is so beautiful!!! Amazing, not to mention the lightning. Great work!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Definitely no surprise on whom you chose, but they came out looking really cool!

@Jay_Kay Nice! I love the pose and how he looks like he’s frozen in a moment in time.

@nightwing2005 Great drawing :smiley: I love his expression

4 Likes

I always wanted to be Flash (Barry Allen) as a kid. So, I went old school Barry.

23 Likes

@PettyDabblerOfTheDarkArts I would label this one “Fun”. It just exudes fun. Great colors too!! Well done!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury Dang dude, I totally get the Wieringo feel! Great job!!

3 Likes

@Jay_Kay Amazing details!! Really, really well done!

2 Likes

@nightwing2005 I really love the clean look! Perfect proportions. Fantastic piece.

3 Likes

@Aegiey Superb coloring! I wish I could color as well. Love the eyes too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! His art style was the best on the Flash and Spider-man and he can never be replaced. Died too soon.

3 Likes

Thanks! This week was probably the easiest for me to find a subject and I really hope I captured the Ringo look!

3 Likes

No no I had to go to when I got into the Flash and my favorite duo. I really liked how I got them to look like they were running towards you.

2 Likes