DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #11

@DCFanArtClub, forgive me for the bannerless challenge. Not feeling great so I can’t be on the computer for long!

WEEK 11: “ANYTHING YOU CAN DO, I CAN DO BETTER”

Due: Saturday, May 30
Tools: Anything!

How it works:

1. Open up the last DC comic you read, whether hardcopy or digital.
  2. Type Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.59.29 PM
  3. Whatever number you get is the page number you should turn to.
  4. Your challenge: Pick a single panel from that page to redraw.
  • You can be very original, and draw it in your own style (for example, AnonymousHQ could do his panel as pixel art)
  • You can be very technical, and try to reproduce it as closely as possible (for example, like Viciousdark’s Jim Lee recreations)
  1. When it comes time to post your art next Saturday, you should include your artwork as well as a photo/screenshot of the panel you were trying to reproduce. Don’t cheat with the page numbers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Line

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

9 Likes

I was worried that it would be Jim Lee’s Deathblow (because I think I just hate myself or something) and I would be endlessly depressed, and then it ended up being that I was re-reading Global Frequency. Yay!

@Kelex roll 1d22!

3 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

Kelex is gonna be a butthead and make you type your roll in a new post, I think. I’m out of here in a sec, but good luck!

2 Likes

Noooooooooo!

(And thanks for the good luck wishes! You too!)

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d22

1 Like

:game_die: 12

Fabulous challenge idea @CynicalPink. Feel better boss!

@Kelex roll 1d22

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d22

1 Like

:game_die: 5

So… it ended up not taking that long. So I’m going to do another one.

And it’s going to be more complicated.

But later.

For now, here’s my first attempt:

From Global Frequency #5, here’s the original:

And here’s my recreation:

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d22

:game_die: 14

1 Like

Ok, so a panel from page 14 of formerly known as the justice league 1. Interesting.

Ok so I’m drawing one of these. Very interesting

3 Likes

Yuss! I got mentioned!

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d22

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d22

1 Like

:game_die: 17

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d22

2 Likes