DC Fan Art Club: Taking Requests for 2022 Holidays!

Hi DC Community members! Have you ever wanted to request a custom sketch of a DC character, but just didn’t know where to go or who to go to?

The DC Fan Art Club is back for our third year hosting this event where we want to give back to the community and complete as many custom art requests as we can before the end of the December.

Please post your art requests in this thread. We will take in all requests up to December 16, 2022. It can be holiday themed, but doesn’t have to be.

There are just a couple things to be aware of:

We have many artists who have volunteered to complete requests. Once the ideas come in, we’ll split things up and match requests to art styles. We will do the best we can to complete as many as possible during the last two weeks of the year, but, depending on volume, we may not be able to get to them all.

I’ll open up a new thread with the request and the finished digital sketch (and tag the requester) when the time comes.

Not familiar with the art club? Wondering what we can do?

Check out our 2022 gallery of all work produced this year! It’s continuously updated and showcases all of the different styles of the artists involved.

Happy Holidays DC Universe!!

16 Likes

Yay :raised_hands: xmas request! (Artist choice)

1. Boomer enjoying cup of cocoa

2. Ragdoll (jr) making or eating gingerbread people (bonus points if they look like members of the secret six)

12 Likes

Awesome™:+1: hmm :thinking: now wondering what request.

I’ll go with Abby Arcane and Swamp Thing doing something Christmasy. Your choice for what.

12 Likes

this is cool!
hmm
tim drake & bernard dowd in matching ugly christmas sweaters
and happy holidays everyone!

10 Likes

@stefanie.m , @NYJt3 , @basicallytimdrake - Nice ideas! Adding them to the list.

I’m also moving over a couple of ideas gathered elsewhere.

From @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 - Hal Jordan celebrating Channukkah

From @storyteller91 - Batsanta

10 Likes

How about Jessica Cruz, John Stewart, Alan Scott, and Hal Jordan sitting around a Christmas tree opening presents? That would be cool.

12 Likes

Characters drinking cocoa. Still good.

12 Likes

Ollie Queen putting up Christmas lights, the rest of the arrow family is watching, CONVINCED he is going to fall, which he insists he isn’t

9 Likes

Oldy but a goody! Plus got to keep the cocoa club going strong :muscle: can’t leave it to just Etrigan and Ragdoll lol.

Also good to see you round here!!

9 Likes

I’d love to see The Suicide Squad (2021) members cutting down a tree to bring back or tree decorating, etc.:christmas_tree::star2:

11 Likes

Can you do a cute Catwoman one? :catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1:

8 Likes

Bat Santa exists as does Super Santa.

It would be nice to get some variety. I do like the idea of a bunch of the different Lanterns drinking cocoa and some of the non-typical people we get.

And Holiday Sweaters are always great to see on unexpected characters.

I don’t think I’ve ever see a Booster and Beetle holiday image, or one with Aquaman (with or without Mera, Garth, etc.)? So I’d pick either of those - Aquaman would be cool with an undersea one but I suspect that would be a lot of work for a fan artist, so I’ll leave it artist choice.

9 Likes

this is awesome! we probably only get one request right? I want to make it good, I’m thinking of too many things lol. maybe harley and ivy buliding a snowman or the crew decorating claycface like a tree

9 Likes

that’s a great idea!

6 Likes

So many great ideas! Keep 'em coming!
@MaxR - you can submit a couple ideas, but just know that only one may be completed.

7 Likes

Very tempted to make a request.

5 Likes

How about a batfam piece with bat Santa and several robin reigndeer up on the roofs of Gotham with a bat sleigh. Requesting for a friend (not jokingly, actually)

8 Likes

Im indecisive so either:
Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, and Damian(or any combination of them I know that is a lot of people/work) doing something Christmasy like exchanging gifts or decorating
or
Steph as Robin and Damian as Batman.

Both ideas sound fun and I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with for all these requests. You are all great artists!

6 Likes

I’ve updated the request list with everything that has come in so far.

Keep 'em coming!

7 Likes

I think we need either a gingerbread, sledding, snow angel, or snowman contest between characters.

6 Likes