DC Fan Art Club: September Updates!

Hello, @DCFanArtClub ! We’ve got so much happening that I thought a roundup post would be the best way to share the news.

:partying_face: Welcome!

First off, a quick shoutout to some of our newest members!

If you’d like, please feel free to introduce yourselves over at our Meet the Artist thread. Even if you’re here to watch rather than draw, we’d love to hear which characters and series are your favs!

:goodmorninggothamhqtas: DC FANDOME

A quick reminder that you’ll have a chance to vote for your favorites in the DCFANDOME art competition next weekend, Sept. 12-13. On those dates, VISIT THIS LINK to vote for your favorite entries.

We have several members of the club in the competition, so please stop by to cheer them on!

:flash_hv_5: OUR CHANCE TO CREATE FAN ART CLUB EMOJIS: DUE SEPT. 18

Our glorious mods have offered club members the opportunity to get their own set of emojis for use on DCU! If you have any suggestions, you can submit images in the comments.

• SIMPLE is best.
  • Avoid backgrounds when possible.
  • These images will be super tiny, at 25x25 pixels.

Good examples:
batman_madHQTAS copy kinghsark_grinHQTAS copy Nightwing-Logo copy2

:jack_o_lantern: OCTOBER CHALLENGES: HEAD’S UP!

Are you familiar with Inktober? It’s a 31-day art challenge that takes place worldwide. Each day of the month has a different prompt, which artists are challenged to illustrate in ink.

A bunch of us took part in the challenge last year, before the DC Fan Art Club existed. You can see it here.

It gets intense! So, rather than try to juggle Inktober with club challenges, I’m going to do the following:

• For October 2020, instead of weekly challenges, I’m going to create another DC Inktober thread.

• Instead of a specific monthly challenge, I’ll create a post in Fan Creations where you can drop any autumn/Halloween art all month long.

:ghost: DCU HALLOWEEN SCAVENGER HUNT

All of the club leaders are collaborating to create a MULTI-CLUB CROSSOVER EVENT - the DCU Halloween Scavenger Hunt!

At the start of the month, the mods (?) will post a list of items/tasks that community members have to find or complete.

For example:

• Carve/paint a pumpkin with the logo of a DC character
  • Take a spooky photo of one of your action figures by moonlight
  • Find a comic panel that features any hero fighting a monster

:loudspeaker: Here’s where you come in! As the Fan Art Club, everyone is counting on us to think of some creative items for the hunt. Please submit your ideas below!

Whew, I think that’s everything.

Questions or comments, give a shout!

TL;DR version:

1. The mods are creating club emojis! In the comments, drop some images that you think would be good for our club. Simple pics, with NO backgrounds!

2. There’s going to be a community-wide Halloween scavenger hunt! The club has been asked to submit ideas for items/tasks to complete. Drop those in the comments, too!

11 Likes

To get the ball rolling, here are some of my ideas for the scavenger hunt. Vote on any that you think might be worth submitting. I’m toss out more ideas as they come to me. :thinking:

• Create a bat signal, GL power batter, WW symbol, etc out of candy corn
  • Make a costume for one of your action figures
  • Paint/carve a DC-themed pumpkin
  • Cosplay! Show off your best DC-themed costume
  • Find and/or take a photo of DC-themed candy

0 voters

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of great stuff coming in October. Sounds fun.

2 Likes

Halloween’s my fav holiday, so I’m psyched la

5 Likes

@CynicalPink oh my so much goodness going on! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: plus Halloween is literally the best holiday!

I’ve always wanted to participate in one of these but never confident enough lol super psyched yall are doing this again! Looking forward to the fun and probably wanting to pull my hair out lol :joy:

This is awesome.

Epic and look forward to playing! I love craving pumpkins :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

Welcome new club memebers!!!
1497375049-pikachu

4 Likes

@CynicalPink Thanks for the welcome!! Sounds like we have a lot of fun on the horizon!! :smile::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Best time of the year! :jack_o_lantern::ghost::bat: Darn global warming tho, it’s always still so hot here in Texas even around halloween :sob:

3 Likes

It’s SO much fun! Just crazy hectic. But there are plenty of people who jump in and out of the challenge as time allows, so I really hope you join in, even if you can’t make it every day. I will do my best to keep up. :flexmentallo_dp:

2 Likes

I’m jealous! I can’t tell you how many times my mom ruined my costume as a kid by making me wear a jacket because it was freezing out. All the neighborhood kids usually escaped from the outerwear eventually, but then we got sick without fail. :joy:

1 Like

I whipped up three emojis For the Halloween spirit DC style

5 Likes

I don’t know how to shrink them and the backgrounds are suppose to be transparent odd.

1 Like

Those are so great!!! As a Halloween fan, I highly approve :clap:

And no worries about shrinking and the background, they’re perfect as is. The mods will be editing them to fit parameters (almost positive, but I’ll double check that) :wink:

2 Likes

More like 98˚

5 Likes

:rofl: Hahaha! And I can’t believe you’re from Texas. Im starting to think it’s fact that every 8 out of 10 DCU members are from Texas.

2 Likes

Fact: 8 out of every 10 people are from Texas :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Lol are there really that many ppl here from Texas!? :eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome! I’m katiemclaughlinart with an updated username btw. Can’t wait to take part in some challenges. :blush:

2 Likes

I dunno about in the art club, but the Iceberg Lounge is crawling with them :joy:

For sure! I’ll update your name up top. :slight_smile: And looking forward to you joining in on the fun!

2 Likes

I failed ya at getting these edited and turned in on time. I’m so sorry. I’ll do my best to keep an eye out for the next round. :pray:

2 Likes