DC Fan Art Club: September 2022 Spotlight- Batgirl, Young Justice and Black Adam!

@NYJt3 - really nice sunset effect in the background. You really added the finishing touches to this one!

@Jay_Kay - good work on the pose and structure. I also see the resemblance to the Rock!

2 Likes

2 Likes

For Young Justice I made of fun photo of Miss Martian and Superboy. Inspired by the Harley Quinn Animated Series comic art by Max Sarin. Had a lot of fun making this one.

8 Likes

oh my god that’s so cute
i love it

2 Likes

2 Likes

Also inspired by Alex Ross (jeez, his art is so good), here is my take on Black Adam.

I went with the pointy ears and wanted to try more of a worm’s eye view.

8 Likes

Woah, that’s amazing!

3 Likes

Thank you!

And welcome to the group! Glad to have you here with us!

3 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:. Great with the worms eye view. And his intimidating expression came out great.

2 Likes

For Black Adam went for the movie look. Wanted to try something full body. Like how it came out. Had fun with it.

8 Likes

Ooooh, very nice, dark and moody.

You really did a good job with the cloudy and glowing effects.

I had something like this in mind when I started mine, but just couldn’t get the effects right. Are you using a certain brush or a smudge/blur tool?

3 Likes

Thank you! He just wouldn’t look right smiling, would he?

2 Likes

Woooow… absolutely loving the vibes!! Nice work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the background it was a mix of a splatter paint brush and and a soft eraser tool. For the glow just painted it white where I wanted the glow and a soft eraser again.

2 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

1 Like

Oh wow, I love it! I really like how you depicted the lightning and the glow around it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

I can assure you Babs’ expression is drawn from the memory of every girlfriend I’ve had that’s had an “I’m done” moment.

2 Likes

I thought I would give Batgirl a try. I didn’t really intend to do this all in pencil (except for the black sky, I filled it all in digitally because it sucked) but it just kind of kept going. My perspective is all wonky on the buildings, and the background, I keep trying to do these cool perspectives when I should just keep it simple.

5 Likes

Thanks dude. Red Tornado is swirling some chocolate milk.

3 Likes