DC Fan Art Club: September 2022 Spotlight- Batgirl, Young Justice and Black Adam!

Looks good great job

4 Likes

Looking good great job

3 Likes

I Hope its not just me, but i would love to see kid flash with the blue symbol or maybe even the other wally west can come in some how?? idk let me know some thoughts!!

11 Likes

That looks really good. Great job man

4 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Here is my final entry for this month: Black Adam himself.
I always loved the Alex Ross painted covers for the JSA and this one played to my strengths of using negative space and providing a creepy intimidating look to him.
Here’s my original reference:

And here’s my interpretation:

12 Likes

Oh wow! I love it. You really are great with negative space. :star_struck:

4 Likes

@KingOfTheWickerPeople - Great look on Barbara’s face. I can totally see her saying ‘but you didn’t do anything!’

@BruceZaxxx - Nice Flash mash up! I also like that blue symbol and hope we see more of it. Thanks for sharing your work (is this the first art you’ve posted?).

@ImpulseMaxMercury - another awesome piece! You captured that smug smirk really well along with the light and darkness. And, do my eyes deceive me, or is that a splash of color on his arm?

4 Likes

Helllooooo M’gann! Here is Miss Martian soaring through the air!

8 Likes

Thanks! The color was unintentional as I drew just with regular pencil and paper. It might be either the lighting when I took the picture or how it appeared on my white sketchbook. I’ll have to look at the original again because it is cool.

3 Likes

@_UnderScore
Welcome back
Looks Awesome™:+1:
Now better use for Red T’s powers :sweat_smile:.
And Black Adam is great too. The Thunder he’s making got me :laughing:.

@basicallytimdrake
Looks awesome™:+1:
Like how the hair came out.

@the_Rubber_Bandit
Wow. Looks awesome™:+1:. Especially without a reference. Andd do your YJ markers look great too.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:. Great posing and the costume texture looks amazing as always. Same with Tim. Like the background details. Also cool Adam. The shadow feel came out great.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Batgirl. Definitely has the classic feel. Also great Miss M nice with the flying through the air feel.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
Looks awesome™:+1:. Very fitting meme for Nightwing :sweat_smile:.

@BruceZaxxx
Looks awesome™:+1:. Looks like a comic cover. Like the lightning effects.

6 Likes

Finished my Batgirl one.

Really like how it came out. Based it on the Gotham Knights design. After a long night of crime fighting just enjoying the Sun rise on a new day. (And hopefully an hour or two of sleep :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

I should find some more memes to work various characters into.

3 Likes

thank you

3 Likes

@_UnderScore – That is a cute Red Tornado. Is he swirling around ketchup? Your Black Adam’s great too – almost gets to The Rock’s actual physique! :rofl:

@basicallytimdrake – I like your Impulse, very expressive. :slight_smile:

@the_Rubber_Bandit – That Batgirl is not bad at all for no reference! Your KF and Miss M are cute as well. :slight_smile:

@ImpulseMaxMercury – Cool take on '66 Batgirl – really like the way you shade and fill in the piece. Your Tim also looks great, like he’s legit leaping down, and those bricks are rendered in very well! Great work with the negative space with Black Adam – you can even see where his hand would be!

@JKoco17 – Your classic Babs looks fantastic! It’s a small detail, but I really like how you detailed the hair – really feels thick and, y’know, like hair. Your Miss Martian also looks good, very 3 dimensional.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople – This has absolutely happened between Dick and Babs and no one can tell me otherwise. :rofl: Their expressions are great – Dick looks so proud of his “work” and Babs looks 9000% done.

@BruceZaxxx – This looks great! Love the colors, is that watercolor?

@NYJt3 – Great job on the Batgirl! I especially like the colors – it really does feel like a sunrise!

7 Likes

Anyway, did this drawing of Black Adam, feel kind of proud of this one. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:.
Like the shading. And great posing.

3 Likes

@NYJt3 and @Jay_Kay - thanks for the kind words! I’ve always like the classic Batgirl look with the full mask and the hair flowing out the back.

Big hair…must be an 80s thing with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes