DC Fan Art Club: October 2022 Spotlight- DC vs Vampires, Task Force Z and Deadman!

For the Task Force Z challenge, I decided the creepiest to me was a zombie bat, so I decided on Man Bat.

7 Likes

I took “DC vs Vampires”, didn’t investigate any further and got creative with it.

7 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - zombie + man + bat = definitely creepy. The hairy and shadowy limbs you have here are a nice touch.

Hey @stefanie.m - have you seen Task Force Z issue 7? Man-Bat goes from scary to cute and I think it’s right up your alley.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople - Lexferatu! That’s awesome! Very cool idea you have there!

4 Likes

Love this and the posing! Very creepy which they excell at lol.

2 Likes

Nice work! Supergirl looks amazing and lexferatu is just :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Poor kirk not only transformed into a man bat but now a zom one. The pose is really great and your shading as always. Plus those teeth :grimacing:

2 Likes

From what i googled poor kirk cant catch a break. Unfortunately i havent only up to issue 5 as i cancelled my subscription. Buuut i do have a small bloom in the process since Inktober has kept me busy that ill get posted soon, his design is just really cool even though i know zilch about em.

2 Likes

For the Deadman part of the challenge, I was originally going to have him coming out of one of the flying Graysons, envisioning him coming out of the bent over body like he was coming out of the water. This proved to be too ambitious.
I love the Kelley Jones look so I took a scene where he just came out of his dead body and made the dead body like the more realistic drawings and the Deadman look more like the Jones version.
Here’s the reference I used:

Here’s my drawing:

8 Likes

Nice work! That is a very tricky perspective to pull off with both vertical and horizontal figures. Not to mention the Kelley Jones inspired anatomy.

Thanks for always creating something for every topic. I truly appreciate it!

4 Likes

Here are two of the first heroes to be turned into vampires!

7 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1: Nightwing Vamp. Great recreation. And Zombie Man Bat looks terrifyingly great. Very cool recreation with deadman as well. The horrific one above looks great.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: Mr.Bloom. Captured his creepiness great. Great DC Vamps as well. Hal’s smile is very fitting.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
Looks awesome™:+1:. Great expression with SG. And Lexforatu :laughing:. Flickering the lights of all his foes.

1 Like

Finished my Vamp one. Made a Vampire Wonder Woman. Really like how it came out. Had fun making the monstrous face.

6 Likes

Thanks @NYJt3!

That is one scary vampire Wonder Woman! Those eyes, the teeth, aaaaahhhhh!

2 Likes

Here is Deadman in (kinda) Kelley Jones’ style. This one turned out nice and creepy!

Happy Halloween!!

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

That looks awesome™:+1:. The shading is amazing. Adds a great creepy feel.

2 Likes

My Task Force Z one. Tried something new with the lines here. Had fun with it. Really like how the bane came out.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s creepy! Great blood splattered background too! Well done!

1 Like

At the last minute mark made a quick Deadman :sweat_smile:. Had fun with it. Like the lightning in this.
:halloween_batman::halloween_wonderwoman::halloween_superman: Happy Halloween All:halloween_batman::halloween_wonderwoman::halloween_superman:

5 Likes