DC Fan Art Club: November 2022 Spotlight- Alternate Universes

Loving all the great pieces guys!:metal:t2::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Wow, that’s an amazing background! Can’t wait to see the next step!

1 Like

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
The BoP look awesome™:+1:. Very cool backstories too. And the Outlaws look great.

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1: Bats. Great shadowy vibe. And cool details with the utility belts weaponry.

@Goldk
Looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing what’s next.

2 Likes

For The Dark Knight Returns I made a 3D neon cyberpunky picture of the Mutant Leader. Had fun trying something new with this.

Wasn’t sure witch colors set up I liked more so made Two.

7 Likes

Woah this is super cool!

1 Like

Thanks​:+1:

1 Like

Wow, very cool. That neon pink is a great look for the Mutant Leader!
So many teeth…yaaahhh!

2 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

This month has been a hectic one between kids’ field trips and school projects, work obligations, not to mention my birthday and thanksgiving coming up.
However I was not about to miss a challenge, so using an image from Three Jokers as inspiration, I incorporated the Joker from Dark Knight Returns, Gotham by Gaslight, and Flashpoint Beyond into one drawing. I also included three more Joker references.
I was also quite saddened by the loss of Kevin Conroy (who I could have met this past July but didn’t want to wait in the huge line of fans, now I wish I waited) so it was his Batman’s hands I drew.
Here’s my reference:

Here’s my homage:

7 Likes

Really nice composition and way to bring it all together. The additional joker faces on the cards is a nice touch.

It’s hard to believe that in just the past week we’ve lost Kevin O’Neill, Carlos Pacheco and now Kevin Conroy. Lots of talent all gone too soon.

2 Likes

This year in general has been a sad one for the comics community. Perez, Sale.

2 Likes

Here is Batman and Robin – Dark Knight Returns style!

7 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Very cool mash up of all three. And great tribute.

1 Like

Looks awesome™:+1:. Great posing with the the two.

1 Like

My Gaslight one is a dark alleyway. Lit by candlelight.

Not the best at buildings but like how this turned out. Like the lightning the most with this.

7 Likes

This AU from three decades ago already had some very vintage, Indiana Jones type artwork/vibes and could make for great fan art. This two parter is on the app, here: Elseworld's Finest #1

I’m not offering to do any art from this because I’m more of a graphic designer: layout, fonts, etc. and haven’t drawn since my art school days, and never thought of that as my strong suit in any event, certainly not in the way Grant Morrison is comfortable having rough sketch art released to the public as variant covers, like with Multiversity.

2 Likes

ok, so because I did the background and it started out as just a sketch but it kept going, I just scanned that and made it larger, and converted it to blueline. Then separately I did the figures scanned them, converted them to blueline and added it to the background printed it out on some nice paper. Now begins the inking.
Suggestions? Comments? Snide remarks?

8 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great use of light and shadow! Batman looks like he’s part of the mists rolling down the alley.

It reminds me of Ashley Wood’s work!

2 Likes

Oh, nice choice. I remember Kieron Dwyer had a good run on Captain America and the Avengers, but I kind of forgot about his DC work. He really has a classic style that would still work today.

3 Likes