DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:thankyou!!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Here’s my Jason Todd – just barely squeaking by! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@cici Those are drool-worthy and I wish I could see them as graffiti in the background of an actual DC comic (>3<) :two_hearts: I’m in love with the colors and the background as much as your take on the trio! I thought I’d like Izzy best, but Dre looks so forkin’ badass.

@DudeBroTray I know that it’s coincidence, but I love that your art and cici’s match, especially since you both are working out of the same storyline! She looks amazing! The shading and details on the pants and footgear are fantastic, and it’s always cool to see someone try an action pose.

@Jay_Kay Whoo, you made it!! Sorry to stress you out with the deadline, but love your take on Jason Todd! Is it weird to say I’m impressed by his kneecaps? That’s always a part I struggle with when drawing full bodies. And he’s got a perfect signature “don’t f’ with me” Jason expression. So glad you submitted despite the busy schedule!

5 Likes

This was hard to get a picture of without any glare :triumph:

Anyhoo, this is Tengu, from Robin Annual #3! Thank you to everyone who voted on which colors I should go for! In the end, I wasn’t confident that I’d be able to handle the blue palette, so here we are. The red feels kinda fitting for his story, though.

EDIT: And in case anyone cares – watercolors and india ink, with a bit of liquid gold (not that ya can see it)

14 Likes

@DCFanArtClub - Hellll~o, club. Especially those of you who participated in the March Monthly Challenge! The opening post has been updated to link to everyone’s work.

In the very near future, I’ll be sharing the group’s work over in the Fan Creations section of the community. My question to you, any preference for how it’s shared?

• All images in one post, with links back to everyone’s individual pieces
  • A video collage, also with links back to everyone’s individual pieces (listed under the video)

0 voters

IF YOU VOTE VIDEO, LEAVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR MUSIC BELOW!

New monthly and weekly challenges coming at ya in just a few!

5 Likes

Cynical, this. is. awesome.

4 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Thanks so much! Sorry for turning it in late…

1 Like

Your rules. Don’t apologize to me, apologize to yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!

1 Like

I gave myself a good scolding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang those colors are superb!

1 Like

Love everything about this from pose to color. But that Cape is magic!

1 Like

Wow! Your style is amazing, like anime comic fusion. :+1: I’m not familiar with these Robin’s but they are awesome. Quick question is that a tattoo on his fingers?

2 Likes

Original batman theme song

1 Like

@stefanie.murr7 Thank ya!

Oh my goodness it looks amazing! You did awesome Cynical, the wait was totally worth it.

1 Like

@Broken-Knight Thank you so much! And extra thanks for all the feedback you gave as I worked on it, even though I didn’t go for blue! :sweat_drops:

1 Like

It’s no problem! I LOVE how it turned out in red. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you the artist think is best.

1 Like

Gorgeous!!

3 Likes