DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

@wonderlyn Awesome! This is so ambitious but it came out great! I love his expression he sort of looks happy and at peace as he looks over the city :black_heart::sob: it makes my heart warmmmm :pray:

4 Likes

I’m coloring mine rn while I watch one of my fave animated DC movies! Superman/Shazam :grin:

2 Likes

I agree with @cici, especially about the subtle emotion expressed in his face and body language! Incredible!

4 Likes

Just to confirm; our March pictures are due on Saturday, April 4?

1 Like

@RedWing7 :sweat: no way am I finishing mine before tmrw. Work meeting kept me two hours late.

@wonderlyn that came out so beautiful! I love the attention given to the city, and the quiet, pensive look suits Tim perfectly.

2 Likes

Got my Robins done! Dax, Dre, and Izzy from the We Are Robin comics~
I’d actually never heard of these before but I liked Isabella’s style and then once I read the comic I totally fell in love with Daxton and Dre so I got them as a second pick :metal:

Also just wanted to say I’m really happy I found this club! It’s given me something fun to do and look forward to with all this pandemic going on. So thank you for putting this together <3

11 Likes

i love them!

3 Likes

First of all, your comment was so sweet, thank you!
Secondly, your art is just . . . wow. That’s the best word I have to describe it. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and I especially love the neon and the poses you chose for the characters. :heart:

5 Likes

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:thankyou!!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Here’s my Jason Todd – just barely squeaking by! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@cici Those are drool-worthy and I wish I could see them as graffiti in the background of an actual DC comic (>3<) :two_hearts: I’m in love with the colors and the background as much as your take on the trio! I thought I’d like Izzy best, but Dre looks so forkin’ badass.

@DudeBroTray I know that it’s coincidence, but I love that your art and cici’s match, especially since you both are working out of the same storyline! She looks amazing! The shading and details on the pants and footgear are fantastic, and it’s always cool to see someone try an action pose.

@Jay_Kay Whoo, you made it!! Sorry to stress you out with the deadline, but love your take on Jason Todd! Is it weird to say I’m impressed by his kneecaps? That’s always a part I struggle with when drawing full bodies. And he’s got a perfect signature “don’t f’ with me” Jason expression. So glad you submitted despite the busy schedule!

5 Likes

This was hard to get a picture of without any glare :triumph:

Anyhoo, this is Tengu, from Robin Annual #3! Thank you to everyone who voted on which colors I should go for! In the end, I wasn’t confident that I’d be able to handle the blue palette, so here we are. The red feels kinda fitting for his story, though.

EDIT: And in case anyone cares – watercolors and india ink, with a bit of liquid gold (not that ya can see it)

14 Likes

@DCFanArtClub - Hellll~o, club. Especially those of you who participated in the March Monthly Challenge! The opening post has been updated to link to everyone’s work.

In the very near future, I’ll be sharing the group’s work over in the Fan Creations section of the community. My question to you, any preference for how it’s shared?

• All images in one post, with links back to everyone’s individual pieces
  • A video collage, also with links back to everyone’s individual pieces (listed under the video)

0 voters

IF YOU VOTE VIDEO, LEAVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR MUSIC BELOW!

New monthly and weekly challenges coming at ya in just a few!

5 Likes

Cynical, this. is. awesome.

4 Likes

@AnonymousHQ Thanks so much! Sorry for turning it in late…

1 Like

Your rules. Don’t apologize to me, apologize to yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!

1 Like

I gave myself a good scolding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang those colors are superb!

1 Like