DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

@gilbertsanchez2.31878 My pleasure! Seeing everyone’s work inspires me to draw more than I used to, too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@gilbertsanchez2.31878 I love this! She reminds me of Carmelita Fox :grin: totally interested in this comic now!

3 Likes

Hi! New face here! I’m super excited that this group exists Can I take Isabella Ortiz please? I don’t know her but I already know imma love her! :clap: Stoked to read this comic and draw her

7 Likes

Hi, @cici, and welcome! Very glad to have ya!

You can definitely claim Isabella! I love her design, so I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I’ll update the claim list as soon as I’m at the computer, but she’s all yours

4 Likes

Well, here it is.

7 Likes

Here’s my Stephanie Brown piece. It was done in Prismacolor Pencils on Strathmore Tan Toned Paper.

12 Likes

@AnonymousHQ I know his character is supposed to be kinda grotesque but

I kinda want him to become Grundy’s best little buddy. Ty for pushing through and getting an entry in too!

@serenap95 Steph looks beautiful! The texture and detail to her hair looks especially amazing, and those colors and highlights seriously pop! I like how it all comes together on the toned paper, too, so nice pick with that. Ty for the hard work!

9 Likes

@serenap95 I love that smooth shading you got with her costume! Super impressive

5 Likes

@CynicalPink - Thanks for all your kind words! I think I spent 4 hours on her hair alone. :sweat_smile:

@cici - Thank you! I’m still learning how to use Prismacolors, so you compliment means a lot!

5 Likes

I’m actually pretty proud of how his hands came out :muscle: I may go back and add color maybe.

(references from teen titans 2016 and harley animated show)

8 Likes

Your attention to detail is amazing! Dont even get me started on your back ground. And the colors. It’s just a really nice piece altogether well done!

4 Likes

That hair :exploding_head: and those eye lashes. Beautiful piece for sure!

3 Likes

I love it all, but you’re right, the hands look great! I’m also very envious of your ears!

3 Likes

@stefanie.murr7 Sweet Potato Pie!! :rofl: yessss haha

@CynicalPink So I fell hard for all the robins in We Are Robin so can I be that person and take Daxon Chill & Dre too? If not thats coolio~

4 Likes

@stefanie.murr7 That made me snort! Haha! Really nice job with the detail and capturing the art! I’m also really impressed by your hands (hands are evil). Would love to see it colored someday if you ever go for it!

@cici With only one day to go, I’m 99.9% sure no one else is going to jump in, so please do! Can’t wait to see it!

4 Likes

tenor (2)

Thanks for the kind words!

4 Likes

I might attempt it or at least clean it up a bit. Shaky hands are the worst for attempting ink with.

Hahaha yea that’s what I was going for :joy:

Facts. I’m almost ashamed to admit I spent a good hour on them…lol…and they’re only like a handful of lines. :woman_shrugging:

InexperiencedScrawnyHairstreak-max-1mb

4 Likes

Since we’re claiming more, do you mind if I add Isabella Ortiz from We Are Robin as well?

2 Likes

Oh, Izzy was my initial pick. Im not opposed to more than one person drawing her tho if thats allowed ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

1 Like

Oh dang, I’m sorry, I didn’t see her name crossed off on the main list, so I didn’t know she was claimed already.

1 Like