DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, March 2020

Does “PUT IT IN A FRAME. NOW.” count as criticism??? That is gorgeous! Hate to let you down, but I am at a loss for any helpful criticism. Uhh… maybe the gold on the right arm would have a bit more variation to it because it’s so close to the flames? I guess? I’m reaching, here. :rofl:

4 Likes

Sorry for all my screw ups with the claims listing! :sweat_drops: I’m glad (and RELIEVED) you’re still joining us for this! Even though it’s gonna spell b a d - e n d for Robinbot. :rofl: Forking fantastic action, as always, with your art. And I’m sorry I missed the group Robin piece above. I LOVE that art! Still miffed I missed out preordering the 80th with that cover. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Duuuude. By the time I made my claim, I didn’t know any of the Robins, so I started reading some of the titles at random.

Every one I picked was depressing. I finally settled on the samurai Robin, which was going great. Fun, ninjastic times, until the last page, when he decided to gut himself for failing to honor his name and Batman’s legacy.

4 Likes

Holy crap, I need to read this and cry about another Robin now

Edit: I need to read all these stories and cry about all the Robins

3 Likes

No worries :wink: @CynicalPink, still got plenty of time to finish :sunglasses:. Well I went and found the whole series of that robinbot at the comic shop near me and :flushed: wow, but anyway I thought this would make a better ending lol. I’m still going to ink that robin 80th pic . I just gotta make a copy, I don’t want to mess with the original pencil I did .

3 Likes

I finished my monthly challenge drawing. One of my red pens died when I was drawing the original Duke Thomas suit. I also tried to put like a mirroring affect on it. This supposed to be like the before and after drawing of Duke Thomas.

11 Likes

@RedDeath_Earth13 This came out awesome! It looks like pop art you’d find in a gallery! I’m sorry the club is responsible for the death of your pen, though (seems like there are a growing number of pen casualties in this thread… ). The bit of reflection, especially along that teal edge, add a really sharp contrast, too. Ya did the character justice! Thank you for joining in with this month’s challenge!

4 Likes

I would like to claim Richart Graustark-Thrillkiller

4 Likes

@drewdavidyowaiski.38225 Glad to have ya with us! Just added your claim to the list :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I am very impressed you went out and got a copy! :rofl: Now is that a good wow or bad wow? I was gonna do the Thrillkiller Robin (bc i liked the art). Then I read it and was a little … uhh… distraught :scream:

And yay!! I’m so excited to see your colors for Robin group! When the month is over, I’m gonna have to somehow direct the main community over here to show off everyone’s art.

5 Likes

Well I got it for 20 cent an issue so it was as good as 20 cent for an issue, lol :joy: :skull_and_crossbones:. Yes most definitely have to get out and make copies, been meaning to do this for a lot of my work . I get so scared on certain pieces once they’re done to try and ink or go over and do anything with them, what if I ruin them :scream:!?!.

3 Likes

:joy:I’m so sorry ya got what you paid for, but hey, you’re making gold from lead with that art. I can’t wait to see the full page.

And I’m starting to feel like we need a support group around here. There’s at least five of us who are always terrified of ruining our work with color. :cold_sweat:

7 Likes

Yo! Be nice to Robinbot! I just met the thing, but what the heck man! Kidding, kind of, but seriously, wicked awesome piece! I always love seeing your stuff!

5 Likes

I love it! Duke is definitely growing on me and quickly becoming one of my favorite members of the bat family, definitely an incredible piece here, love both the idea of it, and the turnout!

3 Likes

Thank you @chongoboy1014, really appreciate your positive feedback. Robinbot was pretty much doomed from the start, lol . I’ve been told a lot of crazy things about my art , but everyone on here is so cool :sunglasses: and super nice about everything. I really love this community.

5 Likes

@Viciousdark I hope you don’t mean crazy in a negative context, cause I might have to have words with some peeps. I think it’s fantastic, I always love seeing what you put on here

6 Likes

10 Likes

Sweet, thanks my man!:joy:

3 Likes

Hey y’all, this has actually nothing to do with art, but just thought I’d put this here…I don’t know if you guys have heard anything, but I’m here in Utah and there’s a string of earthquakes and aftershocks going on here. If you could keep us here in your thoughts or prayers or whatever your beliefs are, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

6 Likes

You wouldn’t believe what I’ve been told, I didn’t draw that , probably most common, I stole that, stole the art from myself :thinking:, because I couldn’t redraw a piece that took me hours in five seconds right in front of them that I’m not a very good artist, cleaning up the language a little bit, :joy: lol. So you and everyone else on here are awesome :clap: :sunglasses: and @CynicalPink the squad meme is prefect lol.

6 Likes