DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, June, 2021

Hi @DCFanArtClub and welcome to June, 2021! It’s time to organize our next monthly challenge!

First of all, a big welcome to all of the new members who joined our group last month!

@sagittariusart.9375
@Alec.Holland
@TurtleMan
@IamBeastBoy08
@Jurisdiction
@Aztek
@SGTSUGAR
@RoseJJPotter
@DefNotBruceWayne

The name of the game is ‘Penciller/Inker/Colorist’ and the idea is that two or three members will work together to produce a piece of art. This may be a bit tricky to organize, but please add in this thread 1) what you can contribute and 2) what you are looking to do.

For example:

1. I can contribute black and white drawings for someone to color.
    and
  2. I’m looking to digitally ink someone’s pencils.

Let’s see how many pencillers, inkers and colorists we can come up with and then we will work on putting teams together. If you already have someone in mind you’d like to work with, feel free to add that as well.

Maybe at the end of this we will find the next Jim Lee/Scott Williams/Alex Sinclair team that looks great together.

As for what to draw, let’s try and keep it within the theme of the Batman family. Heroes, villains or anywhere in between, there is a lot to choose from! :batman: :batman_stoichqtas: :00_batman_1986: :batman_madhqtas:

Due Date: June 30, 2021
Submit: See the teams and post your work here.

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

I’ll pencil something :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

A nice team up challenge awesome™:+1:. [Just need to wrap up last months :sweat_smile: (they’re coming together well)].

I could digitally ink and color if anyone needs it.

7 Likes

I’m tempted to throw my hat in for penciling and inking.

7 Likes

I am going to say just pencils for me and I can ink my own work if needed. I physically ink my work. Tried digital and just don’t like it so far. Also I am just now getting the hang of coloring and wouldn’t want to ruin a great piece with my amateur skills.

As far as whom to work with? There are so many great artists here, I don’t think it matters. I have worked with @cici before and our work was bada$$! I would love to collaborate again, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Exhibit 1 art by RoBart471 & colors by @cici :

9 Likes

Pencils for me! And I like to be surprised by who I team up with!

8 Likes

Pencils or color.

Edit: skipped right over the 2nd part I’d like to do Damian, Nightwing and Batwoman like a Bman Bad Blood version (got to have Kate Kane since its pride and I just love damian :grin:) posing on a roof, fighting a baddie, im game for whatever.

8 Likes

I can be a penciller

7 Likes

I can color

6 Likes

I can contribute black and white drawings.

7 Likes

:fire: :fire:

5 Likes

I will pencil.
I use physical ink, too, and am happy to be an inker if that works, or learn to digitally ink if anyone can share software suggestions.
(I don’t want to ruin anyone’s work with my coloring…)

8 Likes

Krita :+1:

7 Likes

TYVM … much to learn now :wink:

EDIT: Do y’all typically use a stylus & tablet with Krita, or are you able to control your work sufficiently with a mouse/trackball/touchpad?

9 Likes

I use a Huion drawing tablet with a stylus. It’s the size of a computer monitor where I can draw directly on the screen.

I’ve really enjoyed using Krita.

9 Likes

Thanks! I was looking at XP-PEN, but would rather go with a brand someone can vouch for. Lots of options with Huion!

9 Likes

I use my iPad and ProCreate with an Apple Pencil.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind contributing some pencils. Maybe inking for someone. Put me in coach.

9 Likes

I use a stylus and touchscreen laptop, I’ve never personally used mouse

7 Likes

I can pencil and possibly digital ink, but I can’t say for sure on the inking

6 Likes