DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, July 2021 - Summer Vacation!

Hi @DCFanArtClub and welcome to the July monthly challenge!

First of all, let’s welcome all of the new (or returning) members that joined the group in June.

@moonwolf5763.89427
@Hugo_Strange
@easymodegamer
@thegrayson
@sorensonp10.58519
@PhineasAndFerbBowlingForSoup
@Nightwing_Rider

It’s that time of year when thoughts turn to summer vacations! The challenge this month is to determine 1) who would go together and 2) where they would go. Then create a scene or a vacation pic from their trip.

Destinations can vary from a road trip all the way to a multidimensional journey! Would Atlanteans take a trip to Las Vegas? Would Paramdemons go somewhere cold like Alaska? Or maybe the Hawks spend a week in Gorilla City?

Mix and match the people and the destinations to come up with a plan for a fun vacation!

Due Date: July 31, 2021
Submit: Post your final work here.

Discussions and works-in-progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Oh this sounds fun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Superman and Darkseid fighting over the last Corona on a beach in the Caribbean during a hurricane! (It’s the only time they can be alone on vacation together without spectators.) I live in Florida, beaches, beer and hurricanes are summer norms to us.

9 Likes

Sounds like a blast. So many possibilities :thinking:.

6 Likes

…the real question is, is there a way I can do this that doesn’t involve drawing cheesecake? Because that’s my first instinct when “summer vacation” gets mentioned.

Although I could do something inspired by National Lampoon’s Vacation, too.

6 Likes

Batman as Clark, Selina as Ellen, Damian as Rusty, Cassandra Cain as Audrey, Azrael as Cousin Eddie and Jason Todd as the dead relative they tie to the top of their car. Just hope Ace the Bathound doesn’t suffer the movie fate
Plus the sheer number of Rustys in the movie line up with Robin

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.

6 Likes

Oh the possibilities! I must make sure I do this one, I’ve missed this club so much! The other corners of the internet have me totally drained, perfect excuse for a Vacation! :smirk:

7 Likes

We’ve missed seeing your work around here too! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

6 Likes

:batparrot:

2 Likes

National Lampoons would be :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

I’m working at something inspired by a scene from it but not a complete lift.

3 Likes

Y’all ever get an idea for artwork but you can’t tell if it’s ur own idea or if you saw it elsewhere once and it’s been sitting subconsciously in the back of your brain only to trick you into thinking it’s an original idea, when it’s kind of not? :thinking: Does that make sense? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely :flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

Happens all the time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re all the product of both our influences and experiences, I think most things have to find their inspiration from some seed.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I think I know what I want to do for this one, Harley and Ivy Beach roadtrip type thing but I know a lot of people have done the two on the beach :thinking:

Though I think I’m more interested in the car trip to the beach than the actually being at the beach part :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Omg yes like your motorcycle titans work?

3 Likes

Well, the bones of my idea are still there, but I sort of abandoned my tribute to Vacation (which would have featured Kory flying alongside Dick and Babs’ car in the Christie Brinkley role). But I think it’s still fun, and I really want to add Donna and Wally vs Tim and Steph playing volleyball.

Here I am getting overambitious when I probably won’t even ink it.

4 Likes

Looking great so far

2 Likes