DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, August 2020

:rofl: I’m going to be REALLY disappointed if this doesn’t happen.

Has anyone started theirs? I’m almost certain I want to do this one (mostly because I want to play with mixed media).

But I can’t decide which characters to use. Thinking Clark and Lois (with a red theme instead of gold) or Swamp Thing and Abby (with green).

2 Likes

I have, it is going to be a masterpiece

2 Likes

What painting are you going with? Or is it a surprise?

1 Like

Anyone need ideas?

1. Starry Dark Knight

with Scarecrow as the old man
3. The Son of Man with Mr nobody
1 Like

I already told you Mona Lisa

You have way too much faith in my memory.

:joy:

it’s been forever since I’ve posted anything, I luckily got this one finished early!!!
This is the Sistine chapel, repainted with booster gold as Adam , and booster gold as god. I definitely think with his time sphere, he would have gone back in time, just for Michelangelo To put him as all of the people in his paintings​:joy:

7 Likes

Lol! I love the whole concept, but somehow the starry trunks make it all the better. :joy: This is beautifully done, as always! Really love how you gave the digital inks such an oil-paint look!

3 Likes

Still have to add some details and work on right hand, but its about ready to be painted ( I swear the left eye and nose don’t look that bad, pencil lines just aren’t showing up in pic to well). Will be my second attempt at painting something so hopefully I won’t ruin it :joy:

It’s my take on William Blake’s Angel of Revelation.

6 Likes

Ooh I love this so far! I’ve never seen this painting before but it’s a great fit :clap:

3 Likes

Dont forget to boast about how huge it is! This is gonna be epic :joy: I hope you finish on time!

2 Likes

Thanks, can’t wait to see what you did. I already redid his entire face LOL. It’s weird, for me I can see imperfections much easier in a photo than looking the actual piece. Not sure what’s up with that :thinking:

William Blake is one of my favorites, you should give him a google. Most people know that one he did “The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun”, it’s from a series of paintings he did but most probably know it from the Red Dragon movie.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! It’s 23 x 30!

I was gonna put this guy in at the top but don’t think it will look right with 2 different light sources. IDK.
It was Blake’s favorite one to paint.

4 Likes

Ooh okay I’ll have to look this up!
Sadly I’m gonna have to skip this month, I have other stuffs I have to draw. :pleading_face:

Ah yeah! Taking a photo of your art is a great way to get “fresh eyes” on it. Doesn’t matter if it’s digital or traditional I do that Everytime and you’ll see things stick out at you that you would have missed otherwise. Same goes with flipping the canvas or looking at your drawing in a mirror.

4 Likes

No monthly :frowning_face:

Okay, glad that it’s not just me then. Yeah the mirror image is great for making sure symmetry is good.

4 Likes

I tooled around with some Banksy inspiration.

4 Likes

that’s brilliant and makes me feel kinda sad… so cheers on making something that’s not just nice to look at, but emphatic. Really love it.

I apologize for not having the main thread up yet. I’ll do my best to get it up during my lunch break.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kindness. I hope your lunch is delicious.

2 Likes