DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, August 2020

Hello, @DCFanArtClub! I’ve missed you guys! Bear with me as I get the ball rolling, as I’m feeling a little rusty with this.

My gratitude goes out to Team 6 from the June Trinity Challenge, who inspired this round.

“MASTERPIECE"

Due: August 31, 2020
Tools: Anything goes

How it works: Redesign any famous piece of artwork with a DC spin.

Some examples from the web: Superman’s Scream, The Last Supper

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

9 Likes

Haha the famous painting that you picked was painted where I live

3 Likes

Was it really? :joy: That’s awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah we learned about it at our school field trip lol

3 Likes

Anyone have any ideas for what they’ll do? I’m thinking Poison Ivy in Birth of Venus, but that seems like so much work… Maybe a Van Gogh version of Gotham, Cafe Terrace at Night style?

4 Likes

Hmm…this is one of those times where my lack of art history bites me in the ass. :sweat_smile:

Funny enough, I was thinking of Venus for Ivy too, though I did draw that a few years back.

3 Likes

You can have that one if you want! Im really undecided.

Maybe for inspiration?

3 Likes

I have an idea for a version of “Creation of Adam”. It has always been one of my favorites, if not the favorite.

3 Likes

Originally I was thinking of a sculpture, like David or the Winged Victory of Samothrace, but the more I think about it, the more uncertain I am. I like baroque, high renaissance, mannerism stuff, as well as neoclassism so I’d like to do something like that for this challenge. The Venus Victrix sculpture would also be fun, I think. Of course, though, all people would be properly covered, because I don’t want to get rained on for not following guidelines.

If it were a painting, maybe the Paris Street; Rainy Day with a Metropolis or National City twist, even though, admittedly, I like it too much to change it’s overall appearance. Hmm… Or maybe just have Clois as the main couple in it with late 1800’s clothes strolling in Paris.

Gaaah, I don’t know what to do :tired_face:

4 Likes

Oooh, but I think Clois would look really nice in that setting! I also thought it would work for a prelude to what happened to the Waynes. :sweat_smile: Guess that’s kinda dark for such a lovely painting, though.

1 Like

Thanks for the link! This actually gives me a couple of ideas, just a matter of trying to figure out which one is best.

In fact, looking at “The Sleepers” there made me think of doing a varient for Harley and Ivy called “The Hung Over,” but that’s probably too risque for the site. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But that would be so funny after last season of Harley!! Just throw them in bras or something. I wanna see this. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Okay then – I have a couple of ideas I might try and do, so that will definitely be one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m gonna wind up closing my eyes and pointing randomly at something on my monitor. I can already feel the indecisiveness closing in.

2 Likes

Ooh this is super helpful, I might go with Dante and Vergil or (if I really hate myself) The Fall of The Damned. But then also I love Renoir :thinking::thinking::thinking: decisions decisions

1 Like

Lol, I thought about it, though I doubt I’d be able to fit Bruce

1 Like

This reminds me of some prints I bought a while back that put a DC spin on the paintings from the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World!

I’m excited to work on this idea! Now I just need to figure out what painting to do.

1 Like

I saw those on google! They are gorgeous!

1 Like

I had them hanging up in my previous apartment but don’t have room in my current one unfortunately :frowning_face:

1 Like

Mona Lisa with Batman’s face, you asked for a masterpiece, you’ll get a masterpiece

2 Likes