DC Fan Art Club: May 2023 Spotlight - Batman/Joker: Deadly Duo, Hawkworld and The Omega Men

I am not familiar with this character, but you sure made him look cool!

3 Likes

Thanks Rob. One of the things I really enjoy about this group is having a reason to draw older or obscure characters (and asking everyone else to draw them too).

3 Likes

This is amazing! I really like the expression on him.

4 Likes

Someone on another one of my posts requested that I draw Hawkman as well. So here he is! I wanted his costume to match my earlier posted Hawkgirl.

9 Likes

Very nice work on Hawkman! Perfect companion piece to Hawkgirl.

5 Likes

Thank you! I think he’s one of the characters who’s always angry!

5 Likes

Great work on the perspective of him. Super well done!!

3 Likes

This looks amazing.

6 Likes

Here’s a scene from Batman/Joker issue 1.

Seems trustworthy, right?

9 Likes

Very cool!! Nice work on the cloth making it look flowing.
Just read issue 7, and man I really liked this series a lot.

4 Likes

Thanks Rob! The Joker is always fun to draw.

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1: Hawkgirl. Great with the feather textures.

@sarahmariesapphire
Awesome™:+1: Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Cool vibration effects with HG and great posing with HM.

@JKoco17
Really cool Tigorr. Great expression really intense.
And great Joker too. Really cool Shading.

6 Likes

For the deadly duo I made this Batman Joker clash. Really like how it came.

6 Likes

The fantastic swirls of color really make this look exciting! Nicely done.

2 Likes

Thanks​:+1: had fun making those.

2 Likes

Nice Batman/Joker!

Batman profiles are tricky. When I’ve looked for reference, I was surprised that people rarely do a straight profile with only 1 ‘bat ear’. That slight tilt with both ears visible is the way to go!

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Yeah it was tricky with reference finding. Did try the one and just didn’t look right compared to the two ear

4 Likes

I was not too familiar with the Omega Men, so I researched characters on the team. The name Shlagen caught my eye for its uniqueness and when I saw the character design I felt the need to draw him. I read that he was the mechanic of the team so I drew him on a space station (with a tool belt, call it literary license). I figured he was strong so I had him holding up a large piece of the ship. I tried to go for a Kirbyesque look but also disorienting like Ditko’s Strange(r) layouts. I hope I did it justice.

7 Likes

This came out great!

5 Likes

The background detail is awesome​:metal:

3 Likes