DC Fan Art Club: March 2023 Spotlight - The Jurassic League, Shazam Family and Jonah/Jinny Hex

Looks great. Well done!

3 Likes

Very awesome! Love how this came out

3 Likes

For the Hex one Jinny stuck in the past. Luckily time travel isn’t so uncommon in with the Hexs.
I went for an environmental piece. First time with a desert but overall like how it turned out.

6 Likes

My inspiration for the Shazam piece was trying to capture Billy mid transformation as I envisioned a similarity to a certain “incredible “ transformation from a smaller body type to a super large superhero. I knew I wanted the lightning to be the dividing line.
I still feel it didn’t turn out exactly how I had envisioned it, so it may revisited in the future. Always the perfectionist…

8 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Another Cool mid transformation one.

3 Likes

This looks amazing. You had a unique idea for the drawing, for sure. I don’t think any revision is needed!

5 Likes

Great idea and nice contrast in size between Billy and Shazam!

3 Likes

That’s really awesome. I can feel the desert heat in this picture!

3 Likes

1 Like

I went with Jinny Hex. Such a fun character! Love the retro-futuristic gun passed down from Jonah.

8 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. It definitely is a cool gun.

3 Likes

Awesome job! I love the details in the clothes. I look forward to seeing more of your art.

4 Likes

Love the gun ray effect! I also liked the color palette you used. Very western feeling. :fire:

3 Likes

Thanks @NYJt3 , @Huntress_Helena and @RobArt471 !

I didn’t know much about Jinny a few weeks ago, but after reading Young Justice I just had to take a shot at drawing her.

3 Likes

For the final prompt, I drew Aquaman from Jurassic League. I had read he was based on a Mosasaurus so I used one as reference to infuse some realism. I then also used the following Aquaman cover to homage:

Here’s my drawing

8 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Very cool homage. The scales look great.

3 Likes

Nice work! Really like the detail in the head (and the teeth!).

3 Likes

Always so cool when the pros respond!

And the retweet turns into 13,900 views!

4 Likes

This is awesome™:+1:

1 Like

I’ve been in the hospital for the last month and just now got out. So Im playing catch up.
Here are are some early pieces I did for some fan fic years ago.

This one one is SABBAC and one of my favorites.

This one was for a Jonah Hex story.

Hopefully I can get back to doing some current stuff.

7 Likes