DC Fan Art Club: March 2023 Spotlight - The Jurassic League, Shazam Family and Jonah/Jinny Hex

Haven’t been able to get much sleep lately. That has given me time to work this out through the wee hours of the mornings. I am a Black Adam fan from way back and any excuse to draw him I take it. Hope you enjoy.

8 Likes

@NYJt3 - Atrocitarurus is one scary design! Fantastic and sharp teeth (I totally should have used pointy teeth in Batsaur),

@RobArt471 - Crackling with energy! Really nice black and white contrast and great anatomy. (Hope you get some sleep soon).

5 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. I try my best on anatomy to keep it “super” realistic. If you know what I mean. :laughing:

4 Likes

Finally had time to finish one of the three challenges for the month. I hope I haven’t let the group down as I used to be able to draw all three in short order, but life has provided some challenges and I’ve had to concentrate on family first.
The prompt that really drew me in was Jonah Hex as I like his look and I wanted to play more into the horror feel than westerns.

8 Likes

Haha :smile: I love puns

5 Likes

Hats are so flipping hard for me and you did a great job on it!!

3 Likes

As a dad how did I miss that I made a dad joke?!? Subconsciously I still make them.

4 Likes

Thanks! I was worried most about the hat because I also have trouble with them. I’m glad it turned out ok

3 Likes

This looks amazing. The pose lighting the rubble. Really awesome™:+1: stuff.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Really like the the details on the scared half. And the hat looks great.

Also

Had to do it​:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

For the Shazam I decided to draw Mary as I haven’t drawn her before. Really like how this came out. Had a lot of fun with it.

7 Likes

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Great work on the lightning. I really dig your colors and reflected light.

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury - I agree very nice work on the hat. Also really captured the creepy right side of his face with the eye and the shadows.

@NYJt3 - So glad to see that someone drew Mary Marvel this week. Very nice touch with the lightning crackling from her eye.

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

2 Likes

Seeing this one inspired me to finish what I started a while back

One word: Shazam

6 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:. Very cool idea with the lightning.

3 Likes

Very cool transition!!

3 Likes