DC Fan Art Club: July, 2024 - Endings and Beginnings

Hi @DCFanArtClub and welcome to the last club activity here on this site.

As these message boards wind down in July, let’s make the topic wide open. Draw anything you’d like that acts as a goodbye and ‘thanks for the memories’ to this place.

Is there a character we never got to?
Do you have a favorite that you could draw every day?
Would you like to revisit any of the topics we’ve done over the years?

Along with creating something new, I’d like to ask everyone to re-post one of your favorite pieces that you created as part of the club. Include a few words on why you chose it and some happy memories that this club has brought you over the years.

In a day or two, I’ll add a link to the DCUI Family Discord where we can work on the ‘new beginnings’ side of things.

In the meantime, let’s give this place a grand sendoff!

15 Likes

Awesome​:+1:. Have some ideas brewing. Choosing a Favorite Challenge Piece that’s going to be a tough one :laughing::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

When I first discovered this club, I was pretty much done with online art communities. In my experience they were over ran with trolls. I was even to the point of not drawing at all for a very very long time. This community/club was a safe haven from all the trolls out there. After a couple of submissions, it rekindled the fire in me to draw regularly. I owe a huge thanks to all on here for being kind and supportive throughout the years that followed. So, thank you all!
The piece I chose is simply my favorite drawing I have done for this club. I don’t quite remember the prompt that spawned it, but it never would’ve happened without this club.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing Rob. That is an awesome piece!

3 Likes

Beautiful and powerful!

And hopefully continue over on discord because your work is amazing! chefs kiss including that recent Piper piece.

3 Likes

This was harder than expected since i started i think way back in 2020? So it was fun going through all the old pieces, ive picked out a few that are my favs (hope thats alright lol)

Sweet sweet lil Damian.

The last 2 are referenced directly from comic panels but i think they turned out pretty good, im especially proud of lawton that i hung em up lmao. shrug

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Awesome to see your stuff again! Yes that Lawton one is bada$$! :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Stef! So good to see you and your work again. That Deadshot piece is great work!

3 Likes

So, I quickly realized I just HAVE to re-post the jam piece we all did together. Coordinating this was my first act when I starting leading the group way back in April 2021.

For anyone not around back then, we all picked a character we wanted to draw and I put together the layout that tied it all together. I was just learning how to work with digital files and it quickly became very challenging with most characters having their own layer.

In the end, it turned out fantastic.

8 Likes

Funny you chose this, I remember it well. Although, my favorite “jam” piece was for Christmas. I stopped and stared at this one for a bit when looking for my personal favorite. If I remember right, there was an animated version of it with falling snow.

7 Likes

This one was actually before my time here. I do seem to remember it coming back up, but I don’t know the history on it (or the falling snow). Was that you drawing Green Lantern?

3 Likes

Yeah, I did GL and Harley on the swing. The colors were done by another club member at the time circa 2020.

4 Likes

Oooooo forgot about this bad boi!!! Love all the different characters and artistic design! So pretty!

3 Likes

I think i remember it was a volunteer opportunity for all the awesome mods we had right? So pretty with matching names to characters!

4 Likes

This is beautiful! Assuming it is from before I was participating, because I don’t think I’ve seen it before. I always love your use of negative space, but really really like the ravens blending out of the shadows here — magnificent idea and execution!

What? Wait, sorry, I wasn’t listening. What were we discussing again?

These are all great shares. I don’t think I’ve seen your Damian before - that’s a great pose! But you know any Ragdoll art will always be my favorite, and this is the perfect frame to capture. Quite possibly the greatest 'Doll moment ever. Very well done! Thanks for reposting!

This was also the first project I participated in! I was so self conscious, unsure of not only my skills (or lack thereof), but how to share anything digitally. I still consider myself a newb, but am much less self conscious about just putting pencil to paper and getting started thanks to all of y’all! Thanks so much for being so welcoming, supportive, and inspiring!

6 Likes

Yup, that was it!

2 Likes

You are amazing!!! Eveytime i see this pic thats what i hear looooo

And this one of course lol not averse to a crowbar to the carnium…

Thanks for the very kind words!

3 Likes

Thank so much!!
I attribute this one working out due to a clear vision of it. Sometimes I have a clear vision and other times it is blurry and it shows.

4 Likes

:confused: wow, are the forums 404 or is the productivity moving to discord ?

1 Like