DC Fan Art Club: (DOUBLE) Monthly Challenge, June 2020

DCFACJUNEBANNER

@DCFanArtClub : We’ve got two challenges this month! The first is for teams, and the second is for solo artists (or for teams who finish early and want another project to work on).

A NOTE ON TEAMS:

Each of you, based on your requests, was placed in one of three groups:

• Sketch/Pencillers
  • Line/Inkers
  • Colorists

(In the case of those who picked multiple categories, I used a name picker to see who would belong where).

After that, I used this list randomizer to assign a number, 1-8, for the members of each group. Those with the same number became team members.

TEAMS: TRINITY CHALLENGE

Due: June 30, 2020
Tools: Traditional or digital media

How it works:

Your sketch artist , or penciler, is the creative muscle. They would be responsible for laying out an extremely rough draft of your group’s art. This can be more detailed OR as simple as stick figures.

Your line artist , or inker, will use the rough draft to develop a more polished piece.

Your colorist is self explanatory!

Each team has been assigned a DC CHARACTER (using this generator) and a GENRE.

:rotating_light: You’re welcome to discuss art ideas in this thread OR in direct message with one another. If you have confusion or questions at any time, reach out to me. :wink:

Although I’m not sure where they got their information, several sites quote Shayera Thal’s birthday as falling on June 19. But even if it’s not her birthday, she’s a cool hero who deserves more fanart praise, so solo artists – your task is to draw Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman!

Line

Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

Colorist. :slight_smile: That’s my only pick, as I know we’re going to be running close to short on them.

4 Likes

Colorist.

3 Likes

Uh, I guess sketch artist?

7:50pm 5/29/2020

4 Likes

Thank you!!

5 Likes

I would also like to be a colorist or a line art but either one is fine :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you!

@Ever.C and thanks to you as well!

2 Likes

I said that because I don’t have a printer or a scanner.

7:54pm 5/29/2020

2 Likes

No worries, that’s fine! This group has way more people who are used to drawing on paper and then snapping photos with their phones, so I was expecting way fewer colorists to be available.

3 Likes

Sketch artist. Everything else is finishes and that is most certainly not my forte.

3 Likes

I’m in, any position is cool :sunglasses:. I can pencil ink or color if need be, but my coloring will be with paint.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

If there’s a lack of interest in inks slot me in there. It’s always good to work on areas you think you’re weak.

Otherwise, I’d like pencils.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, jde!

1 Like

Any idea as for where I should go?

2 Likes

Paint? Consider my fancy tickled.

5 Likes

Wherever you’d have the most fun and least stress :slight_smile: I’m tempted to tell you color, since I know you’ve got the apps for it, but it looks like we’ve got a good number of those so far.

But… on the other survey, it looked like we had WAY more pencilers and inkers. Hard to tell this early.

3 Likes

Go look in fan creations if you haven’t seen his latest watercolor! I’d link you but I’m on the phone

3 Likes

I’m okay with any role. I do digital art, so if it’s easier for others I can do the coloring or inking.

3 Likes

Oo, and another. Thank you mightily!

1 Like