DC Fan Art Club: December 2022 Spotlight- Secret (Santa) Society of Super Villains

Looking awesome™:+1:

1 Like

I have made Kobra. He got a Cobra for the holidays from his followers. Had fun with this one.

8 Likes

I received Shrapnel for my supervillain.
I was not familiar with him and saw he appeared in Arrow so at first I was going to draw him like he appeared in life action. Then I realized he only shared the name but the tv character was not quite as interesting in appearance as the comic book.
I started with a certain Marvelous competition spider pose and then as I built him up, he became more Doomsday like with all the protrusions.

7 Likes

Here is Blockbuster (Roland Desmond)

I so hate my coloring…so …
Here’s Professor Ivo without colors.

7 Likes

Well, I found a reference and started drawing. I notice I put the gun on the wrong side now. I made him looking up a little, but then Captain Comet just looked super snobby. Because I knew and still know next to nothing about this guy, I decided he’s the kind of person who is way to confident in his gift giving skills. That probably explains most of this result. I also still suck at anatomy.

reference

5 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Looks awesome™:+1: I don’t think I hear of them either. Like how the scraps are still common together.

@Goldk
Both look awesome™:+1:. Cool action scenes with Blockbuster and the Mad Scientist scene for Ivo is great.

@the_Rubber_Bandit
Looks awesome™:+1:. I’d say the anatomy looks great. I can see the gift giving confidence coming from him too :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

@NYJt3 - awesome idea! Kobra seems like one of those people who is never happy. Hmmmm, maybe he already has that snake :grinning: .

@ImpulseMaxMercury - A spider pose for an Erik Larsen creation?? Coincidence or subliminal suggestion? Either way, you’ve made him really look like he’s made of pieces of metal.

@Goldk - your lines are so clean! Not a scribble to be found anywhere (yes, I’m envious). Great work on Blockbuster and, allegedly, Nightwing’s best side. :shushing_face:

Your Ivo and all the tech behind him is top notch!

@the_Rubber_Bandit - very nice work! He is a bit snobby, isn’t he? I never realized he had such a big presence in the SSoSV series. Must have been more popular in the 70s.

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt at the Wizard.

His real name is William Asmodeus Zard.

W.A. Zard – which is why he took the name Wizard.
The 70s were a much simpler time!

My inspiration came from this panel here:

5 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. A great villainous face. And very cool with the close up.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

@NYJt3 Thanks, I love the colors on your cobra!
@JKoco17 Thanks, Nice Wizard, great highlights on those hands!

2 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

Thanks Goldk!

1 Like

@the_Rubber_Bandit - I think your anatomy looks great everything is where it belongs.
Dick Giordano was once asked if he studied anatomy and he responded, I just draw what looks right.
I also think you managed to capture the retro style of your reference.
Splendiforous work!

3 Likes

Looks amazing!
As someone who only draws in black and white I thought your coloring was pretty good. Don’t put it down.

2 Likes

Omg! Baby cobra with santa hat!! Im in love! So flippin cute. Also kobra profile looks amazing.

1 Like

Agreed, had to google em and his appearance is very cool, its the teeth lol. I really like the hand work you did and all the pieces of his body.

1 Like

Dope!! I wasnt sure if you wete going to do blockbister since you wanted another im glad you did. He looks like bad a#^ terror. Give grundy a run for his money plus nice edition of nightwing.

Also Ivo looks just as amazing, you really put a lot into your scenes and pull off like a mini story.

1 Like

Oh lord hes precious! I adore your style and his depiction is giving me the i gift like a boss vibe, think its the slight head tilt you got. :+1:

2 Likes

@kelex roll 1d105

1 Like