DC Essentials Figures

What are everyone’s thoughts on the new dc essentials action figure line? I personally like them a lot so far and hope that they stick with it and crank out as many characters as possible. I’ve heard far more negative reception than I was expecting, largely due to the figures not scaling correctly with Marvel Legends. Also, I’ve been hearing people complain about some sloppy paint apps, although i haven’t experienced much myself. Assuming DC Collectibles picks up some slack (especially regarding the paint application), I think this line could be absolutely fantastic. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

I just want a DC line to make it past 20 figures. Icons really shook my faith in DC Collectibles ability to stick with one thing. With Mattel finally improving their articulation, I think I’ll be more into Multiverse figures for now.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing: I loved Icons. It broke my heart when Essentials was announced. The sculpts aren’t as good, the character choices have reverted to boring, and they don’t seem to do much research (see: the costume design of Essentials Flash, a mishmash of eras in that figure). I’ve been collecting DC Direct/Collectibles since 1998 and I’ve championed them for two decades, purchasing everything they produced month in and month out for years. But their inability to keep anything going has just worn me down. Thank goodness the BTAS line is still going…

2 Likes