DC Episodes & Movies Turned Into Comic Book Covers

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Awesome! :grin: Thank you

3 Likes

Here’s my cover I’m not great at coloring so I didn’t color but it’s what everyone I think is thinking is going happen next season on Titans

14 Likes

Looks great! I’ll have mine done tomorrow.:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

That looks so amazing!

2 Likes

@biff_pow
Both of these covers are awesome! I would definitely want these comic covers in my collection.
That alligator is adorable. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
That is one of my favorite All-Star Comics! I like how you brought new characters to the table. Nice tribute!

3 Likes

Here was the episode I chose to turn into a cover. Hope everyone likes it!

Cheers
ESS

15 Likes

I’ve always been a sucker for Dick’s circus past, so of course I had to choose Performance from season 1 of Young Justice.

I did a mix between the 90s Young Justice comics and the comic spinoff of the cartoon.

13 Likes

@EasternShoreSpeedster great Harley cover. Those colors are gorgeous.
That would be an awesome Black Label edition!

@Nightroia
This is an awesome scene. That expression is spot on.
Kudos on the spot lights.

3 Likes

@WonderWoman_85 Thank you! Those spotlights were difficult.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I like the Kill Bill theme for this piece :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks :grin:! Black Label came to mind right away for Harley

3 Likes

Great cover! I really like the font you used for the title :grin:

3 Likes

Aw, thank you! I was worried it wouldn’t work out

2 Likes

Well, here’s mine…

10 Likes

But for real, here’s what I did. One of my favorite JLU episodes.

16 Likes

@stefanie.m You perfectly captured that frame from the show! And I know I’m just parroting BK at this point, but you really did a nice job with your colors.

@ImpulseMaxMercury Aww, such a great tribute with the comparison to the then and now! How long did it take you to get all of them in there?? I know you always put your heart into details, but people take longer (especially when you focus on all the details of their costumes, like you did). Also, your text! “As personally screwed up by” haha. :laughing:

@loganmichaelphilips Love that you always go traditional! Even when dealing with all the tiny details, like those glass fragments and the blood splatter, which would be SO easy to lose from marker bleed! It’s really impressive! The detailing on Bats, including his hands, is also crazy good. I stared at this for a while taking it all in.

@biff_pow I wanted to comment on this when you first posted, but I refrained until everyone was ready over in this post. The shading on Cliff is SO good, and I love the blend of the traditional media, crafting and digital title! It comes together awesomely. :clap: And Rita’s face came out great; April would be flattered! (Also, I see you, butt lily pad!)

@chongoboy1014 I really, really like this color palette. And all the attention to the texture really brings this to life; you can picture how quickly Bruce’s fist would sink into either of them. Also, great job on the morning star! Getting the shading wrong on that could have made it look wonky instead of lethal. You nailed it.

@WonderWoman_85 :rofl: I laughed. Your art is great as always, but first reaction was a hearty snort. Perfect blend of horrifying violence, humor, and pop culture parody! The HQ writers would be proud. (And the detail on the… uh… blood bucket, wow!)

@Alonica You 100% made me want to see the episode, and considering comic covers are supposed to entice you to buy into a title, I’d say you get an A+ on this assignment. :rofl: And I officially declare that all of your contributions to this group moving forward must include the glitter theme. I hope everyone looks at your cover in full size so they can see how beautifully Diana’s face was drawn. Well, not just her’s, but everyone’s. Each one of them has very distinct features, which adds to the beauty of this!

@Aegiey I love it!! And I’m glad you didn’t go with the negative space, it looks so wonderfully creepy like this! GREAT job taking the official title text and making it blend with your whole, too! I could see this hitting bookstore stands. (Though I love Jess. Wanna hug Jess. :frowning: )

@gilbertsanchez2.31878 No worries about the colors, this still looks badass! Great job capturing the likeness of the actor, and Batman’s reflection added to the helmet is a sweet touch.

@EasternShoreSpeedster She came out beautiful! I love seeing characters swap up their looks, so I’m glad you used this moment from the episode. And I know they’re not the focus, but really nice job on the aquarium and the fish! Your coloring adds some great depth to the pic!

11 Likes

@Nightroia I’m pretty sure I already commented on this, because I remember Oo’ing and Ah’ing about the coloring choices for the audience. Just in case I only gave you that compliment in my head, I’m just saying it here again - really nice job defining the drop and lighting in that tent!

And for anyone reading this who doesn’t know, @RainStormRiddles is an artistic beast. And I mean that in the nicest way. Some of us were lucky enough to see her step-by-step process with that drawing, and it was so cool watching it come together practically overnight. Her cat is trying to take all the credit, but don’t believe it. Love the detail and shading on the flames, the background, and all the side-demons. I think this would pull anyone in to watch the episode. :+1:

5 Likes

@RainStormRiddles That is fantastic.
I feel your pain with the cat assistant / paperweight :cat2:

6 Likes