DC Dragons (An Interactive Art Challenge!)

Ever wonder what your favorite character (or it doesn’t have to be your favorite) would look like as a dragon? No? Really? Well now you can find out anyway!

How this works:

1. You guys suggest characters to be drawn as dragons
  2. I create a poll of suggested characters (and maybe some that you guys shoulda suggested, insert sly wink) and you guys vote for about a day.
  3. When the timing is convenient, I will start to draw, but that’s not all. I will flip a 15 minute hourglass, and every time the sand runs out I will post the picture of how far I am. This is for A) a little pressure with the challenge B) because some people like to see the steps in the process and C) (mostly C actually) because I really want some younger/newer artists to see how bad a drawing might look early on; to see all the mistakes and erasing.

Other rules and things to note:

1. My own self rule is that I will not scrap/restart with fresh paper. I’ll erase, but nothing goes in the trash.
  2. As life still happens, It’ll be unlikely that I finish a piece in one sitting. (AKA, it won’t happen.) I can pause the time by setting the hourglass on it’s side and’ll pick it back up when I am able.
  3. I’ll be using pencil and colored pencils, but I wont necessarily color every drawing that I do.
  4. Not all suggested characters will be in the poll! The ones that are in the poll are the ones I can see as dragons.
  5. I’m definitely not doing the trinity or Joker
  6. You can suggest as many characters as you want!
  7. MOST IMPORTANTLY: PICK INTERESTING CHARACTERS!!!

Alright, if this seems interesting to you go ahead an tell me what charters you’d like to see become dragons!

Completed Dragons!

4 Likes

Red Hood

5 Likes

Can we join in?

Huntress!

5 Likes

I would love to see a Bat-Dragon

5 Likes

I feel like Kara would be a Steel Dragon.
(Girl of Steel Dragon)

From D&D Lore:

The sociable steel dragons prefer the company of humanoids to that of other dragons.

Because steel dragons live in towns and cities, they live as humanoids do–in houses and establish humanoid histories and families. In case an enemy discovers its identity, a steel maintains a secondary lair in a ruin, such as a crumbling temple, castle, or tower. The harder it is for other creatures to reach such a site, the better. Wards, traps, and guardians protect these refuges.

supergirl-kelex-172210

A steel dragon adapts its omnivorous diet to suit its surroundings. A young steel, unaccustomed to assuming humanoid form, might take a while to realize that it needs less to eat in that form than when it’s in dragon form. To the disgust and amazement of those around it, such a dragon might consume two to three times more food than a normal humanoid.

For all their fascination with humanoid races, steel dragons cannot tolerate authority. To them, the law serves its purpose only when it maintains order flexibly, so that the dragons can protect their interests and advance their aims. A steel might spark a rebellion to overthrow an oppressive regime, even if doing so could lead to the destruction of its adopted community.tumblr_pj5x38Kp1J1w5geh9o1_500

Steels particularly favor adventuring groups that operate on the fringes of established order and fight the despots that the dragons also oppose.

4 Likes

Ooh, that could be a good one!

2 Likes

So is that a yes on the joining in?

2 Likes

Everyone is free to participate in the suggestions!

2 Likes

Woo!

1 Like

Captain marvel!
And since there is now a dinosaur Batman, I do wonder what a Batman dragon would be like?

Ak, No BATMAN!

Let me reclarify, I WILL NOT do the trinity or pretty much any other overly used characters. There are so many good characters out there that would be so fun to turn into dragons, so I’m just skipping over the boring basics.

(I dont mean any offense by this, nor do I dislike these characters, I’m just sick of them suffocating everything else. )

There is a ginormous roster of JL members, Teen Titans, Villains, don’t limit yourselves to the obvious answers!

2 Likes

CM, however, is a viable possibility :wink:

1 Like

No offense taken! And good point! Also if I may add one more, what about stargirl in honor of the show coming out.

2 Likes

Not a bad suggestion, she’s doable.

1 Like

Also, INFINITE suggestions allowed! (Seriously, do people not actually read the first post?)

1 Like

Oops, lol that was the only part of the first post I didn’t see. I’m gonna have fun thinking of some good doable ones. I’ll think of a few and put them in one post.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m now going to embellish the ‘pick interesting characters’…

1 Like

Oh, and you said no trinity in the first post, my bad!

1 Like

No worries! I’m trying to be overly dramatic early on to get my point through to everyone that I want them to get a bit creative.

2 Likes

Sorry @ralphsix, but let’s give some characters outside the bat-family a chance for once. (His rouges gallery, however, is definitely on the table. )

1 Like