DC Daily Panel

And as far as being harsh. There’s been nothing blatantly negative that’s been said about her other than her lack of knowledge. Which isn’t a dis on her, personally. But the show requires more than what she’s offering. And the other’s aren’t all savants on DC Comics. But they make way more of an effort than Harley does. It’s just too obvious that she’s not working out.

I have to agree. I only watched the most recent panel and this was the first one I’ve seen her on but it was clear to me that she was a bit out of her depth there.

She strikes me as an introvert in a crowd of extroverts. Being an introvert myself I can tell you that just makes introverts tend to clam up and then when they do interject something it comes off as not very meaningful to the conversation at hand. Its also not usually what they are wanting to say bit is instead just just the first thing that comes out. That could be the issue here.

3 Likes

I liked today’s DC Daily show. The interview with Minka Kelly by Samm and Clarke was good. I also liked the final panel. But what stuck out like a sore thumb was how out of place Haley felt today. I felt like Tiffany and Sam carried the bulk of the discussions. Harley just sat there very quiet. She probably wasn’t even needed on set today.

Sorry typo…Harley.

I love her and I think she has charisma but she is definitely shy in front of the camera. I can’t exactly blame her because even as an extrovert I’d be horrified. Not only that but she’s working with people who have far more experience in front of a camera and in entertainment. There’s no doubt in my mind that she does have knowledge of DC’s lore. Kevin had to have raised her on it and on some of his own work for the company.

She’s mainly here to gain experience and get out there. I am positive that she’ll improve with more camera time. She has occasionally shown enthusiasm which will come out more with this camera time.

2 Likes

And like somebody else said she’s that conduit for the younger audiences. These hosts were all picked to reach out to the varying age demographics of the fanbase. I figured that stipulation out really fast when Kevin was hosting the DCU Live episode.

1 Like

She definitely has limited experience in front of the camera. Good on her dad for getting her this gig, but it might not have been the best place for her to start, especially considering she’s surrounded by people who do this for a living.

She can be cringy. In yesterday’s panel, the guy next to her(I keep forgetting his name)had valid points about the Watchmen movie and he knows he’s shit since he is actually a comic writer some something but she looked confused and made diffent facial expressions and wanted to say something but got cut off and after a while she jumped in told him that the movie is magical. He had to explain again that he liked the movie alot but there are some issues including being too faithful to the comic pages

1 Like

I feel pretty bad for Harley, she is not at all ready for this kind of front-of-camera work. But she’s young and has room to grow into whatever she decides to do.

As far as the panel goes, I only really watch it when Hector Navarro is leading because that other guy is next level exhausting to watch. He kind of overpowers the conversation and it feels like the rest of the panel can’t get much in edgewise. It feels like I’m tuning into a somehow nerdier episode of the McLaughlin Group.

I get that it’s a brand-led “talk” show, so it’s basically a loose commercial for the product. But I kinda wish people could delineate just a little from the party line of “it’s all great, no flaws” because let’s be real, these are comics; even when they’re deadly serious, it’s still kind of a silly medium.
There’s a lot of fun nonsense out there to point out and lovingly make fun of besides disco nightwing’s lapels that gets passed over because they don’t want to make the brand look bad and it’s a bummer. I’d be so into a segment that points out which 50s issues of Superman being a jerk to Lois and jimmy for no reason and where I could read them on the network. I dunno, I think we’re at a point where we can embrace the camp of it all.

1 Like

I do not agree on her having a lot of knowledge on DC. That’s not something Kevin forced on her. She was certainly raised around it but never took an interest until she was maybe 16 or so around the time Suicide Squad was coming out. She may have read up some in preparation for the show but this isn’t something that you can sort of cram for like a test. You really should understand what what you and everyone else is saying.

Again… before someone says we’re being harsh… I like her. But it was 100% a mistake hiring her. She is not right for this show. Just because she is young and inexperienced isn’t an excuse for being shy and introverted. They should have tested her before hand prior to hiring. And if they did… they made a game time decision to throw Kevin a bone since he’s been such a cheerleader for them and has done a lot of hosting as of late. She’s a good kid. Nice. But not a good job for her.

3 Likes

Agreed

adamsgarrey Hit the nail on the head. They should just have Kevin on the show whenever possible. I don’t want Harley to be out of a job, I don’t wish that on anyone, but she needs either to seriously brush up on her comics history or at least get a better idea of how to behave in front of a camera.

2 Likes

I think Harley just needs to speak up. It seems like she gets intimidated or shy.

Regarding the panels, I’ve enjoyed them with every host.

1 Like

When she speaks up, its usually something dumb or that doesn’t make sense while she tries to come off as she knows shit though

1 Like

She basically sounds like a casual fan. I.E. she’s seen a few movies, and she enjoys the character Harley Quinn, but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Pretty much

I don’t know that I’ve heard her say anything dumb, just simple opinions with no real substance added to them.

3 Likes

@Truth_of_Pisces Perfect description. I know a lot of people who are like that. Pleasant enough. But informed solely on the big budget films.

1 Like