DC Daily is saying farewell to Pennyworth!

To all Alfred Pennyworth fans,

In honor of Pennyworth R.I.P, how would you eulogize the legend that was?
Let us know by 12p PST 2/19 and we’ll read some on air.

R.I.P Alfred, you’ll be missed.

DC Daily

9 Likes

What!!! WTH did a miss

3 Likes

Alfred is the reason that Bruce was able to go on as long as he has. If not for Alfred, Batman does not exist. He carried on what Thomas Wayne started, being a great father figure. R.I.P to the greatest butler of all time.

3 Likes

I am not saying goodbye to Alfred! It was a mistake to kill him. Alfred is the greatest supporting character in the history of this medium. He was offed for shock value and an attempt to increase sales. Hey, DC, stop killing characters (It’s not the '90’s anymore) and just tell better stories!

4 Likes

A mentor, a friend, a caretaker, a healer, a great actor, whit as sharp as a razor. Always able to knock someone down a peg or two when needed. Always there to help them up as well. His spirit lives on in all the many lives he touched. I have no doubt, much like the huge bad penny he dusted so often, he’ll turn back up again. You can’t keep a great character down forever. Alfred Pennyworth, the OG definition of being a freakin boss.

6 Likes

Alfred was the great friend that Bruce could ever had, who stood by him through the good times and bad. He’s the friend who can give a best advice, he will be miss!:cry:

3 Likes

He was a father who provided unconditional love when it seemed all love was gone…

A mentor who imparted his wisdom & experience when difficult choices had to be made…

A listening ear when the the noise was deafening…

A caregiver when hardly anyone else cared…

A badass when the situation called for it, yet…

A gentle soul that nudged you in the direction of the light…

He was a hero that raised a family of heroes…

He was their foundation, their rock…

He was… Alfred Pennyworth… may he rest in peace.

4 Likes

His vichyssoise was always cold.

1 Like

Nooooooooo!

Rest well, Alfred. You always stuck your neck out, and were snappy until the end.

2 Likes

Dear Mr. Pennyworth,
I refuse to believe you’ll stay dead for very long. Enjoy your vacation! Hope to see you again soon.
Your pal,
iJest

Alfred has always been a model for unconditional love. He taught me growing up when I was disowned that we can choose our own families. Our family doesn’t always have to be those we share blood with, but those that love and support us. We don’t have to be alone. Also, thanks to providing this sense of family and unconditional love to one Bruce Wayne, the entire world was able to have a hero to always look up to. One that saved not just those within the comic world, but countless outside. Thank you Alfred.

1 Like

Alfred’s dead!?! D:

1 Like

Well, now who’s gonna make the cucumber sandwiches?!?!?!

3 Likes

Alfred Pennyworth was not only the gentleman’s gentleman, but also the hero’s hero.

3 Likes

Au revoir, Alfred. See you when you inevitably return as the Outsider.

3 Likes

Alfy :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

A headstone that says “ Vichyssoise”.

2 Likes

See you next reboot, Alf.

4 Likes

Was the last time Alfred died all the way back before the 60’s tv show?

1 Like